Rotisserie chicken

Options
What's your opinion on rotisserie chicken? It's so tasty....just curious!

Replies

• soupandcookies
    soupandcookies Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I think it's a great, healthy option, for lunch, or when you don't want to cook dinner. We have it in the house at all times, just in case. If you have time, you can make a roast chicken yourself, and that way you'll actually know the nutritional content, but in my opinion, it's a pretty healthy choice!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,953 Member
    Options
    Rotisserie anything and it's nomnom.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    5 bucks and I have food for 3-4 days. WINNING

as long as they aren't dried out- they are fcking awesome.
  • gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    5 bucks and I have food for 3-4 days. WINNING

as long as they aren't dried out- they are fcking awesome.

+1

My wife and I buy a whole one, and strip it for salads. Great!
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Love them. Healthy and delicious. Pretty low calorie and much better than fried chicken. I agree, as long as they are moist, so good!!
  • BigCed77024
    BigCed77024 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I eat them all the time. Kinda high in sodium so i take the skin off. I will have a 2 day lunch dinner lunch combo for 6 bucks!
  • LillyPandme
    Options
    I can feed my family one nice chicken dinner, I can make chicken salads for myself for the rest of the week, I can make a pot of soup with the carcass, and my dog gets the skin that I peeled off before I served the chicken dinner. What's not to like?
  • SusieCuteYay
    SusieCuteYay Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'll boil the bones for 24 hours or more, in a crock pot until they crumble, and feed that to the dogs!
  • GGDaddy
    GGDaddy Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I eat it for lunch every day, and log the white & dark meat separately.

Good Things happen to your macros when you eat the Rotisserie chicken!
  • GGDaddy
    GGDaddy Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'll boil the bones for 24 hours or more, in a crock pot until they crumble, and feed that to the dogs!

Grew up with dogs, and was always told to never, never feed chicken bones to dogs, since they splinter & cause problems. YMMV.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Tonight's dinner
  • nytrifisoul
    nytrifisoul Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Who does not love rotisserie chicken. I actually have two showtime rotisserie ovens. Its the best way to cook a chicken flavor wise, but i do not believe its the most healthy. My reason is because yes the fat dips off but its still basting itself in its own fat/juices. Baking ontop a rack or boiling would be the most healthy, but would not be the most tasty thats for sure.

My favorite is cold smoking a whole chicken for about an hour or two, then dry rub and rotisserie for 15 min per pound.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Who does not love rotisserie chicken. I actually have two showtime rotisserie ovens. Its the best way to cook a chicken flavor wise, but i do not believe its the most healthy. My reason is because yes the fat dips off but its still basting itself in its own fat/juices. Baking ontop a rack or boiling would be the most healthy, but would not be the most tasty thats for sure.

My favorite is cold smoking a whole chicken for about an hour or two, then dry rub and rotisserie for 15 min per pound.

I"m not sure why basing itself in it's own juices is bad?

fat is good. it's delicious.
  • nytrifisoul
    nytrifisoul Posts: 500 Member
    Options

I was referring to the hype about it being the most healthy cooking method. Of course chicken is healthy, unless your breading it and deep frying or slow cooking it in a pot of duck fat.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    WERD.

Okay- I was just confused LOL Rotissery is probably my favorite type of dead animal- lamb- cow- chicken. OMONOMNOMNOM
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,953 Member
    Options

I was referring to the hype about it being the most healthy cooking method. Of course chicken is healthy, unless your breading it and deep frying or slow cooking it in a pot of duck fat.
    Why do you define those methods and ingredients as unhealthy? Duck fat is a staple in my life and is very healthy and nothing inherently unhealthy about deep frying either.
  • CTONDO
    CTONDO Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Its great. I bought on Monday and I have used it 5 times already. Still have some left will probably finish it off today.

I used it in a salad and also have been making a chicken wraps for my boyfriend and I. So yummy.
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Its great, I get one on Sunday night and have chicken for lunch for the week!
  • Glampinupdoll
    Glampinupdoll Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I definitely feel better about making that as a choice. I guess it just seems oily or greasy? So just wanted to get opinions as far as healthy wise...I logged 9oz last night which I guess is kinda high but came to 510 cals and I was hungry and needed some protein :)
  • Its_My_Time
    Its_My_Time Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    LOVE! You can just make about any good meal out it. I'll be making chicken soft taco's tonight! :wink: