Help...girls advice

melb_alex
melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
I posted this on my profile and got no traction (I assume because of time difference)
I waxed myself and now it's stinging (not too serious) and I ripped a little too hard and it's bleeding a tiny bit.
What are some quick remedies?
My gf suggested talcum powder... This right?

Replies

• Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    I posted this on my profile and got no traction (I assume because of time difference)
    I waxed myself and now it's stinging (not too serious) and I ripped a little too hard and it's bleeding a tiny bit.
    What are some quick remedies?
    My gf suggested talcum powder... This right?

OUCH! I'd try some Neosporin or some cortisone cream and possibly some advil for the pain!
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    I wouldn't use talcum powder - not even sure how that would help.

Make sure the area is thoroughly cleaned, and apply some sort of antiseptic cream. And use a razor. :wink:

Is it the first time you've used wax? If it carries on stinging or gets worse you may need to see a doctor to rule out an allergic reaction.
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Thank you :) apparently the powder dries up the blood (it really was the smallest amount but still hurt as the skin teared)

I applied some cream

Thank you from my lady bits too x
  • A_nonymous2
    A_nonymous2 Posts: 366 Member
    1) It's called wax burn and either took off the top layer of your sensitive skin or a hair follicle popped through the skin and made it bleed.
    2) It will happen more often if the area is warm - so let it cool a bit before applying wax
    3) powder will help if applied before wax, helps the wax only adhere to hair, not take off the top layer of skin.
    4) Any lotion with Aloe in it will help
    5) No S3X for 24 hours
    6) After you've waxed, shaving will be itchy. Keep waxing.

This should have been for TMI Tuesday.