Too much vitamins and sugar :(

Hi everyone. I am new here and I love it, but there's just one thing that bothers me. On my daily nutrition I'm always getting too much vitamin A and C and sugar in. But I hardly eat any actual sugar. I eat lots of fruits, veggies and a tbsp of honey a day.

Is this bad? Will it affect my body negatively? What exactly CAN happen?

Thanks for the help

Sal

Replies

• mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Honey is "actual sugar"

This.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    The vitamins are really more minimums. The sugar is also really low so as long as you don't have health issues you shouldn't worry too much. I also usually go over on protein which is set pretty low by MFP. I use it as a minimum.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Honey is "actual sugar"

Yep. Saccharomyces cerevisiae loves to eat it when I ferment mead.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    It would be difficult to get too many vitamins from food. Eat the fruit. Enjoy.
  • Thanks so much you guys. I actually didn't know that my body processes all sugars in the same way. I'm not diabetic but it's in my genes so I am prone.

My question is just this... if all sugars get processed the same way, then is it pointless to replace normal sugar with natural sugar substitutes? Like I use dates in my smoothies instead of sugar. And I add dates to my baked goods instead of sugar. Also, I use a tsp of honey sometimes over my fruit or in my tea. Is this completely pointless then? Should I just have used normal sugar? :(
  • Thanks so much you guys. I actually didn't know that my body processes all sugars in the same way. I'm not diabetic but it's in my genes so I am prone.

My question is just this... if all sugars get processed the same way, then is it pointless to replace normal sugar with natural sugar substitutes? Like I use dates in my smoothies instead of sugar. And I add dates to my baked goods instead of sugar. Also, I use a tsp of honey sometimes over my fruit or in my tea. Is this completely pointless then? Should I just have used normal sugar? :(
    Nope! Not pointless! Dates give you sugary sweetness AND nutritional value. White sugar is just empty calories.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Thanks so much you guys. I actually didn't know that my body processes all sugars in the same way. I'm not diabetic but it's in my genes so I am prone.

I agree with above poster about dates being preferred over refined sugar.
    You can eat sugary/starchy foods all day, and burn them off, as long as you are keeping your fats low (google intra myocellular lipid), and eating whole foods. It's fat in your muscle cell that leads to inefficient use of carbohydrates. Refined sugar hits you too fast; it really should never be eaten.
  • CharChary
    CharChary Posts: 220 Member
    no such thing is too much vitamins! I go well over sugar every single day because of things like PLAIN (not even the fruit/flavored) kind of Greek yogurt and fruit. It has not hurt my weight loss at all.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Thanks so much you guys. I actually didn't know that my body processes all sugars in the same way. I'm not diabetic but it's in my genes so I am prone.

sugar is sugar...but you get actual nutrition...vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, fiber, etc from fruit and veg.