SO confused...where to start again?

Options
Hello Everyone,

So I deleted all my old MyFitnessPal stuff after a year of losing track and adjusting to a new environment. i want to start over and try to get some more support from the MFP community here....

I moved back to Korea about a year ago, so the food is different, and counting calories is almost impossible. So the only diet plan I can really manage is ADF (Alternate Day Fasting), and eating a lot of lean meat and as much vegetables as possible and staying away from bread and processed food :P Alot of the good foods I used to use for dieting are not available here, so it has been very hard for me to adjust to everything...between homesickness and different foods and new lifestyle and everything. On top of that, even though I got a gym membership...I'm only half-blood so as a 'foreigner' I stick out....so I feel really self-conscious going there, because everyone LITERALLY stares at me. I can't even go near the weight machines because they are all on a separate side of the room, and there is never a single woman over there....>.<

Also, I'm not really knowledgable about weight training or doing gym workouts, so I can't just confidently walk over there and act like I know what I'm doing when I clearly don't and certainly don't look the part. I'm becoming really depressed because the weight I lost last year is creeping back on me. I injured my back after doing the Insanity Workout and regular 3 mile jogs a few times a week while at the same time working 6 days a week 10 hour shifts....I don't know what's wrong exactly because I didn't have insurance then, and I still don't even here in Korea, so I can't see a doctor.

I'm always trying to plan the perfect schedule because if I don't plan things out, I can't make a good routine for myself, and I need routine to stay sane. Generally, I wake up around 10am and study and shower/get ready before I have class at 1pm until 5:30. I usually have to make lunch for me and my fiance. after class I do some part-time work - usually private tutoring to other students for around 2 hours after class. Depending on where I have to go tutor will determine how much time it takes me to commute there and back home. I could get back home as late as 11pm sometimes. But these days I've been getting home by 9ish mostly. My fiance is a surgical assistant and he works until 10pm, and usually also likes to read or study from 10 until he takes me to school and he goes to work.

When can I find time to study, get enough sleep, be able to keep up with housework and my part-time work, and fit in workout sessions? If I don't get 8 hours of sleep my depression and anxiety problems come back, and i fall asleep in class...which is forbidden. My gym membership expires soon, and I don't want to continue it because it's a very far walk from home, and I'm uncomfortable there.....and it's freezing cold out already...winter is coming, so I don't know what to do to stay active, or when to do it, or what kind of exercises I should be doing. Also, even if I can wake up early to go jogging in the cold (there is a park nearby...but I don't know how to endure jogging in the winter as a beginner) I'm worried about bothering my fiance because he needs to sleep too...

I'm 152cm tall, 66 kg....my doctor told me 3 years ago (the last time I got a physical, and I was around 75 kg at that time) that I should weigh between 47-50kg. I know it will take some time, but I'm meeting my fiance's parents in about 2 months for Lunar New Year. I want to make him proud. :(

I hate winter. What should I do? How can I fit exercise into my schedule? How can I do this and still be perfect at everything else? I can't sacrifice school for working out, nor can I just skip out on daily necessary tasks like cooking, cleaning, working, etc...

please lend me some advice!

Replies

• LunaInverse
    LunaInverse Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Please take what I say with a grain of salt. I'm not trying to be mean.

You list all the reasons you want for not fitting a workout into your schedule, but to me it looks like excuses and that you simply just don't want to do it. You don't need a fancy gym membership or equipment to work out, you don't even have to go outside. Where there's a will, there's a way. Plus you have access to a computer....all the information you need or want is available at your fingertips online.

There is only one thing, and one thing only which seemed legitimate, which is your back pain. You need to get that checked out, go to the hospital damnit....the emergency room! If it's anything like the US (which I don't know if it is), then they can't turn you away. Seriously, you're letting yourself suffer. Everyone is financially hurting now a days, you think I have the money to go to the ER? Hell no, but if I need to go I GO.

Seriously girly, stop making excuses and just do it! You've done it before, so I know you can do it again.
  • D8vidFitness
    Options
    Hi, from 10am to 1pm, that's alot of time to spare, why?

An intense 15 minute workout will do the trick!

Pick any three exercise, from push up, air squats, to jumping jacks, do them in a rotational set for 15 minutes, non-stop and I promise you not only are you getting a great workout, but the afterburn will be great as well as giving you a metabolism boost.

15 minutes! just focus.

Good luck.

P.S with the back injury, I've had back injuries myself that prevented me from doing certain lifts, but I kept going strong and eventually, it healed. If your back pain is not healing, get it checked! Because my pain was severe but my body still amazes me in naturally recovering with a good months rest.
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Hi, from 10am to 1pm, that's alot of time to spare, why?

An intense 15 minute workout will do the trick!

Pick any three exercise, from push up, air squats, to jumping jacks, do them in a rotational set for 15 minutes, non-stop and I promise you not only are you getting a great workout, but the afterburn will be great as well as giving you a metabolism boost.

15 minutes! just focus.

Good luck.

P.S with the back injury, I've had back injuries myself that prevented me from doing certain lifts, but I kept going strong and eventually, it healed. If your back pain is not healing, get it checked! Because my pain was severe but my body still amazes me in naturally recovering with a good months rest.

THIS.