baked breaded chicken

snootmaster
snootmaster Posts: 69 Member
Per request of my son-anyone have an exceptional, reasonable healthy recipe? Thank you!

Replies

• Kadoober
    Kadoober Posts: 289 Member
    Spray chicken breasts with I can't believe it's not butter spray (or brush with coconut oil), and dredge through bread crumbs seasoned with darn near whatever you like. I like garlic powder, pepper, oregano and some parmesean cheese. Bake.

Result: Very juicy, tasty, low fat chicken.
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    I have to brag on my breaded mustard chicken... I don't have exact measurements but I will give you the jist of it. :happy:

About 1 lb chicken breast
    About 1.5 cups plain shredded wheat
    Spicy brown mustard
    Dry mustard powder, turmeric, pepper, garlic powder, crushed red pepper, and cumin

Drench breasts in spicy mustard
    Crush up shredded wheat and add spices to taste. I like quite a bit of cumin in it.

Roll / smash chicken breasts in seasoned shredded wheat. Drizzle a little olive oil in a glass baking dish to cover bottom of dish (8x8 or 9x9 dish). Place chicken in dish, should be a tight squeeze. Any leftover shredded wheat can go on top. Drizzle a little bit more olive oil on top. Cover with foil and bake at 425. Check on it when you start to smell it, and remove foil toward the end to crisp the breading.
  • BokBagok
    BokBagok Posts: 345
    I have to brag on my breaded mustard chicken... I don't have exact measurements but I will give you the jist of it. :happy:

Spicy brown mustard
    Dry mustard powder, turmeric, pepper, garlic powder, crushed red pepper, and cumin

Crush up shredded wheat and add spices to taste. I like quite a bit of cumin in it.

Roll / smash chicken breasts in seasoned shredded wheat. Drizzle a little olive oil in a glass baking dish to cover bottom of dish (8x8 or 9x9 dish). Place chicken in dish, should be a tight squeeze. Any leftover shredded wheat can go on top. Drizzle a little bit more olive oil on top. Cover with foil and bake at 425. Check on it when you start to smell it, and remove foil toward the end to crisp the breading.

I am so clipping this - looks so good. Thanks!
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/04/cheesy-jalapeno-popper-baked-stuffed.html

^^I've made this twice within a week of each other because its so delicious.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    also Google "Homemade shake n bake"
  • snootmaster
    snootmaster Posts: 69 Member
    Sounds very interesting-not a big fan of shredded wheat but I bet it would be great as a breading. Thank you for all of the suggestions.
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Sounds very interesting-not a big fan of shredded wheat but I bet it would be great as a breading. Thank you for all of the suggestions.

Hubby is not a fan of shredded wheat OR chicken and he likes it. :)
  • I have to brag on my breaded mustard chicken... I don't have exact measurements but I will give you the jist of it. :happy:

Spicy brown mustard

Sounds yummy. Whens dinner?
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    bump
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Sounds good!
  • Jill_with_a_G
    Jill_with_a_G Posts: 58 Member
    I season flour with salt, pepper and paprika. Dust the defrosted chicken pieces (I use thighs) with the flour, dip in egg white and then dip in seasoned bread crumbs. You want to do the two dry ingredients somewhat sparingly as we are trying to be healthy here.

Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. MUCH healthier than fried. My family is constantly wanting "Crispy Chicken" as it has a healthy crunch to the skin when cooked this way.

Sometimes instead of egg whites for the middle dip, I will use italian dressing or honey mustard dressing.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,902 Member
    I dip in buttermilk and then the coating. If you like alternative grains for the coating (such as oatmeal, or quinoa flakes) just pulverize them in the food processor first. Add salt, dried herbs, garlic powder, and optional parmesan.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    I marinade my chicken (sometimes Asian style with soy/lemon/spices and sometimes mediterranean style with a little olive olive/lemon or balsamic/spics etc whatever you like), then shake off excess marinade, dip in panko and bake on lightly oiled parchment paper. i usually make chicken breast this way but it works great for skinless/bone-in chicken parts as well.
  • jamebb
    jamebb Posts: 86 Member
    Rosemary Walnut Chicken
    This is really tasty, and can be adapted easily (use different herbs or nuts if you prefer). I use plain greek yogurt instead of buttermilk because I never have it on hand.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/walnut-rosemary-oven-fried-chicken-10000001988567/

Ingredients
    1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
    2 tablespoons Dijon mustard $
    4 (6-ounce) chicken cutlets $
    1/3 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
    1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts $
    2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese $
    3/4 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
    1/4 teaspoon kosher salt $
    1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    Cooking spray
    Rosemary leaves (optional)
    Preparation

1. Preheat oven to 425°.
    2. Combine buttermilk and mustard in a shallow dish, stirring with a whisk. Add chicken to buttermilk mixture, turning to coat.
    3. Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add panko to pan; cook 3 minutes or until golden, stirring frequently. Combine panko, nuts, and next 4 ingredients (through pepper) in a shallow dish. Remove chicken from buttermilk mixture; discard buttermilk mixture. Dredge chicken in panko mixture.
    4. Arrange a wire rack on a large baking sheet; coat rack with cooking spray. Arrange chicken on rack; coat chicken with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 13 minutes or until chicken is done. Garnish with rosemary leaves, if desired.
  • mhoeff1
    mhoeff1 Posts: 163 Member

Spicy brown mustard

Sounds great!!! thanks
  • Thanks might try this tonight. :smile:
  • teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    I take (thawed) chicken breast, roll them in bread crumbs, salt and pepper, lay them in a sprayed glass baking dish and top with broccoli and jack/cheddar cheese. Bake for 25-30 minutes on 350! The chicken comes out SO JUICY!!!! You can also use mushrooms instead of broccoli, or even with it. I mix white cheese and cheddar cheese, less calories =]
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    tagging :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Just bread with egg and panko crumbs.
  • _funrungirl
    _funrungirl Posts: 145 Member
    Swap out the breading for some protein rich almond meal, season and bake it the same.
  • jenmarie2012
    jenmarie2012 Posts: 180 Member
    Not a breaded chicken but the most juiciest meat with flavor you'll try. I am in love with it ????

Parmesan chicken: can cut in half

6 breast
    1 package of zesty Italian dressing mix
    1/2 tsp of garlic salt
    1/2 cup Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven 425. Mix packet of Italian mix with garlic salt and parm together. wet chicken with water coat both sides or just one with seasoning mix and place on baking sheet, lightly spray sheet with olive oil so doesn't stick before chx goes on. Pop in oven 20-25mins.
    Great with brown rice and veggies! Mmmm
  • cmkile1003
    cmkile1003 Posts: 256 Member
    Bump
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    I don't have an actual recipe, I just eyeball mine. I brush the chicken with light ranch dressing then toss in a mix of panko crumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper and a dash of salt. Sometimes I will just use panko crumbs and a packet of dry ranch seasoning.
    Line on a baking sheet or grill pan and spray some cooking spray on the coated chicken. It helps make the panko crumbs crispy.
    Bake 20-40 minutes depending on the size of your chicken pieces.