"Cheat" meal, now what?

Options
I was sane and on track until my mom made a huge batch of Baklava ( walnuts + other nuts wrapped in that thing, baked and drizzled with tons of honey )

I just ate +25 of those.
I have no idea how that happened, what now, seriously?

UZ9lPkJ.jpg

Right click > View Image for full image

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Don't flip out.

Just don't do it tomorrow, or the next day, or the majority of days.

Everything will be fine!!
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    I'd say "oh well, it's a cheatday" and stretch that thing until monday then get back on the wagon...
  • 50racinggirl
    50racinggirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I was sane and on track until my mom made a huge batch of Baklava ( walnuts + other nuts wrapped in that thing, baked and drizzled with tons of honey )

I just ate +25 of those.
    I have no idea how that happened, what now, seriously?

Regroup. So you went off track a bit and splurged. :drinker: Don't let this ruin all of your hard work. Get back on track and start right where you are. Go back to what you were doing before. You can decide to let that moment of insanity define you or you can pick yourself back up and go back to being sane.
  • kellenas
    kellenas Posts: 154
    Options
    oh wow, I love baklava
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Learn from it, move on. Eat within your calories today and moving forward. Drink plenty of water.

Did you really eat 25 of them?? ouch. I'd hoark. (sorry, that's just too sweet for me)
  • CptJinxx
    CptJinxx Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'd say "oh well, it's a cheatday" and stretch that thing until monday then get back on the wagon...

What do you mean by stretching it until Monday?
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I had a Burger King Whopper and fries last night. No big deal, just made it fit into my day.

One indulgence is not going to undo all your hard work. Just move on.
  • CptJinxx
    Options
    Learn from it, move on. Eat within your calories today and moving forward. Drink plenty of water.

Did you really eat 25 of them?? ouch. I'd hoark. (sorry, that's just too sweet for me)

I passed my calories for the day with a mile.
    Edit: btw, I'm ready to eat more, too bad we're saving some for the guests coming soon.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

What do you mean by stretching it until Monday?
    Don't do that.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

Edit: btw, I'm ready to eat more, too bad we're saving some for the guests coming soon.
    There are approximately 300 calories in each one. Only you can decide if it was/is worth it. However many you actually ate.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    You move on...
  • CptJinxx
    Options

There are approximately 300 calories in each one. Only you can decide if it was/is worth it. However many you actually ate.

They were tasty but it wasn't really worth the 25 * 300 = 7500 CAL- WHAT???! are you serious?
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Well that was a pretty epic "cheat meal". But...from prior posts you have made, you are already a thin, young person. Move on, eat healthy.
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Make more and send to me!! I overate yesterday for my work Thanksgiving lunch. I am going to eat lighter today and do crossfit. I am going to eat like the ****ens on Thanksgiving and eat lighter and do crossfit the following day. I look at it weekly. One day is not going to ruin anything if most other days are good. Thats how I look at it and have lost almost 50 pounds doing it. I am not going to give up eating and enjoying food. Thats just nuckin futs if ya ask me :)

Edit to say the the word ****ens is not a cuss word and shouldnt be edited here. Thats dumb.

D-I_C-K-E-N-S :) hehe showed you MFP sensors!!!!
  • nytrifisoul
    nytrifisoul Posts: 500 Member
    Options

Holly Hell thats alot of calories! I honestly dont think i could enjoy eating even one of those. The guilt and thought of running for 30 minutes would depress me.
  • CptJinxx
    Options
    Make more and send to me!! I overate yesterday for my work Thanksgiving lunch. I am going to eat lighter today and do crossfit. I am going to eat like the ****ens on Thanksgiving and eat lighter and do crossfit the following day. I look at it weekly. One day is not going to ruin anything if most other days are good. Thats how I look at it and have lost almost 50 pounds doing it. I am not going to give up eating and enjoying food. Thats just nuckin futs if ya ask me :)

Edit to say the the word ****ens is not a cuss word and shouldnt be edited here. Thats dumb.

The folks here say it's ~300 calories per piece which add up to ~7500 calories for what I just ate. I DON'T THINK THAT'S EVEN DOABLE, NOT IN MY LIFE-TIME EVER AGAIN!
  • CptJinxx
    Options

Holly Hell thats alot of calories! I honestly dont think i could enjoy eating even one of those. The guilt and thought of running for 30 minutes would depress me.

I already feel like crap :3 ... Never thought the sum of calories would go that high, I didn't even feel half full, they were like bite size.
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Well I would just say to not beat yourself up about it because then you may take the " poop on this noise" attitude and let one day turn into a week and so on. Next time maybe take out a few and give the rest away immediately or freeze them for later!!
  • missnelso04
    missnelso04 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Baklava is amaaaaaaziiiiing!

We all make mistakes. I had three cookies for breakfast this morning, and that's a third of my cals for the whole day. Stay calm, you'll be okay!
  • CptJinxx
    Options
    Baklava is amaaaaaaziiiiing!

We all make mistakes. I had three cookies for breakfast this morning, and that's a third of my cals for the whole day. Stay calm, you'll be okay!

That's not half bad. I just ate the third of my cals for my entire life :/