Detention

Options
patfriendly
patfriendly Posts: 263 Member
Have you gotten a detention in your school? For what reason?

75175.jpg

Replies

• ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    LOL!! I remember these.
    My fave is the "Calling a teacher a muggle"!!!!!
    I could not stop laughing hahaha :P
  • Liss_Bee
    Liss_Bee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I got one for blowing bubbles... AND I DIDN'T EVEN DO IT! Back when I was a freshman (yeah that long ago) there were these necklaces that had little glass jars on them and I had one that had bubbles in it. Some kid thought it would be cool to grab it and blow some of my bubbles. -.- The teacher didn't see him, but saw my necklace and gave ME the detention. Oh well, I got to flirt with my crush! =]

My 7 year old daughter got one last year for doing cartwheels in the bathroom as well.... She's carrying on the tradition. HAHA!
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I got suspended from school because I wrote mean things about the kids who bullied me in my PRIVATE diary. While I was been harassed by aforementioned bullies they pushed me over and took my diary from me, showed the teachers once they read it, and the parents petitioned to have me suspend. They said I was a danger to their kids. Ugh. This is why I will never put my children through public school.
  • julie3227
    Options
    Hahaha! I got one for trying to open a bag of Gordettos during a lesson I was struggling so the crimpling was too distracting haha
  • FatHuMan1
    FatHuMan1 Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I got one for blowing bubbles... AND I DIDN'T EVEN DO IT! Back when I was a freshman (yeah that long ago) there were these necklaces that had little glass jars on them and I had one that had bubbles in it. Some kid thought it would be cool to grab it and blow some of my bubbles. -.- The teacher didn't see him, but saw my necklace and gave ME the detention. Oh well, I got to flirt with my crush! =]

My 7 year old daughter got one last year for doing cartwheels in the bathroom as well.... She's carrying on the tradition. HAHA!

Hmmmfff. Last time I blew bubbles in public I got thirty days in the county slammer.
  • manders7969
    manders7969 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I never got dentention:happy: or paddled. K through 3rd grade I was in a Christian School along with 2 older brother, an older sister and a younger sister. My brothers got paddled at school and suspended because they flipped each other off in the hallway (they had been fight before school that morning) and my older sister got paddled for calling her best friends mom a booger head! I always thought my sister getting paddled was ridiculous until I started working at a school. Def think they should start paddling butts again!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Oh man. These are exactly the type of things I got in trouble for in school as a very bored and hyperactive teen.

Especially the miles vs. kilometers. That sounds so "me". Although I didn't get detention for it, I made my very mean business teacher cry in 10th grade because she was incorrectly showing the class how to fill out a personal check and I kept contradicting her and proceeded to (at her sarcastic suggestion) teach the rest of the hour.

I had a referral to the office for painting a mini mural inside of my locker with nail polish, too.
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    I had dress code detention a few times and once for cutting class.
  • KarenisPaleo
    KarenisPaleo Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hahahahaha! LOL totally hilarious, thank you!
  • manders7969
    manders7969 Posts: 42 Member
    Options

My daughter got detention in 3rd grade for putting a frog in a bottle while at recess. The frog was not injured and was let go. The teacher said it was animal cruelty. I told her to do what she had to do but I would not be punishing her at home.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Can't recall ever getting detention, but I did get suspended once for trying to throw a kid off the 2nd story mezzanine.
  • Liss_Bee
    Options

Hmmmfff. Last time I blew bubbles in public I got thirty days in the county slammer.

But bubbles are the most glorious thing in life! =D
  • FatHuMan1
    FatHuMan1 Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options

Meh. He was nice and all but I wouldn't go that far.
  • Liss_Bee
    Options

Meh. He was nice and all but I wouldn't go that far.

Little things excite me I guess. >.<
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    I was sent to detention, suspended and expelled so many times during my sophomore of High School, I lost count. Some was for pranks, most were for challenging authority and some were for general principle cause they could not catch me for what I had actually done (example: Put a skunk in the princaple's car or when we put a teachers VW on to the roof of the school (used a crane to left it up there).

Fun times
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I spent a good majority of my afternoons in detention and a few Saturday detentions as well. But I went to a private all boys school and detention was like a frat house so it wasn't bad
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    In 7th grade Art class a boy in my class threw a bunch of paintbrushes across the room and then laid down on a table and said he wanted to make a phone call to Satan. We were all like "whoa" and the teacher sent him out.

Twenty years later I was working in a social service agency and saw his file, although I didn't know it was the same kid. In his case history it said he had schizophrenia with onset at age 13, gave me chills!

Another kid, this time a friend of mine in 8th grade Language Arts class, jumped out of the second story window into some bushes and ran across the street from the school to safety because another kid was bullying him. The jumper was maybe 5' tall and 80 lb and the other kid was 6'2" and close to 300 lb. The teacher refused to believe bullying was part of the deal and thought he jumped just to be a daredevil. Now that kid is actually an actor and he's been in several action movies (small roles) LOL. He's also over six feet tall himself.

Sometimes teachers just chalk it up to "bad kids".
  • hopefaithlove24
    hopefaithlove24 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    in for laughs