Back with a new Focus

Options
I'm not really 'new' but I've been away for quite awhile. My original focus was to lose 35 lbs but I wasn't as serious about it as I should have been. I wanted to change without CHANGING too much of anything. You know? But a few months ago I 'accidentally' discovered a brain aneurysm and now post surgery there are mandated changes. Eat more fruits, veggies and walk 5 miles a day. So that's the goal. Sounds easy but completely foreign to me. So instead of whining about it I'm back here to track my progress towards these new goals. I have to learn about food and start taking the first steps towards those miles. So here I am again...transforming.

Replies

• Jacson53
    Jacson53 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Whining never helps (and sometimes get ya a kick in the ribs), so well done getting started.
    I wish you all the strength and fortitude to get where you are going.

Hint:
    If you are walking 5 miles every day make sure you get some good shoes.
    And avoid walking on asphalt roads; they really wear out shoes fast. :/

Nice bike btw. :)
  • harlylena
    harlylena Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great tips and awesome job on the weight loss!
  • JDavid007
    JDavid007 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Linda09189
    Options
    that's a lot of miles at first...what about 30 minutes on the treadmil to start????
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I do a lot of frozen veggies just because it is convenient, canned can be high in sodium. Fresh from the produce section, sweet potatoes, those are great. Fruits, I like apples because they keep so long. Blueberries and grapes... mmmm, pop them like candy.
  • harlylena
    Options
    Oh yep, tiny steps to start! No way can I do 5 miles to start. whew!
  • harlylena
    Options
    Yep the fruits have been pretty good. I also made a small pizza on flatbread with tomato and spinach with an organic sauce which I liked.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! Glad you found that anurism in time! scary stuff. Great reason to be taking care of you now!