So, is it possible??????

Options
To lose inches I'm guessing by burning fat, with no pounds lost??? The scale hasn't budged in say 3 weeks, however pants that wouldn't button 3 weeks ago I'm wearing comfortably today. Strange :indifferent:

Replies

• mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Yes it is possible and likely.
  • learnerdriver
    learnerdriver Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    definitely- great work!
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Very common actually. A lot of people don't weigh themselves they just measure.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    yes...and it's actually possible to gain and lose inches and BF% as well....though not going to happen if you're in a deficit.
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Very common actually. A lot of people don't weigh themselves they just measure.

QFT

My scale is more of a "How much does my cat or dog weigh now" kinda thing. You know weight with them, then with out and do the math. Don't really care what i weigh as long as I am able to reach my fitness goals. BECAUSE if I am able to reach my goals then weight will inevitably come off.
  • anewlife1980
    anewlife1980 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    absolutely, you answered your own question :-) I always do measurements monthly so if the scale stops moving you have evidence otherwise!
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    You mean you lost these inches in just 3 weeks, and your weight literally has not changed at all?

Has your diet changed to include food that makes you less bloated? Are you drinking more water now than before? Did you start lifting or otherwise working out 3 weeks before?
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    You mean you lost these inches in just 3 weeks, and your weight literally has not changed at all?

Has your diet changed to include food that makes you less bloated? Are you drinking more water now than before? Did you start lifting or otherwise working out 3 weeks before?

diet - definetly eating healthier.
    Water - drinking same amount as always.
    workouts - more often and started running again, about 12-15 miles per week
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, yeah I guess it's possible b/c it's happening to you right? But it's not due to new muscle development, just kind of impossible at that rate. Also eating better food will make your feel (and possibly be, per your pants waist) tighter. I'm lactose intollerant with a dairy habit lol When I'm drinking milk, my waist is bigger than usual due to diet not fat.

My guess is water/fluid retention with some weight loss. The good news? Apparently your genetics have you loosing some belly fat at the outset, which convenient.
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, yeah I guess it's possible b/c it's happening to you right? But it's not due to new muscle development, just kind of impossible at that rate. Also eating better food will make your feel (and possibly be, per your pants waist) tighter. I'm lactose intollerant with a dairy habit lol When I'm drinking milk, my waist is bigger than usual due to diet not fat.

My guess is water/fluid retention with some weight loss. The good news? Apparently your genetics have you loosing some belly fat at the outset, which convenient.

I think I have a dairy problem too. lol I guess that was bloat then. DAMN!!! Well, when I run, that's when I sweat the most. Do you think sweating can "shrink you"? I know that sounds funny, but I have dispelled alot of sweat in the past few weeks LOL (Not to be gross)
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I'm currently having that same issue. my weight has stayed the same (to the decimal) through TOM, a few weeks of good eating and exercise but I feel lighter and my clothes are loose.

I think I just need to change batteries on my scale.