belly belly belly!!!

Options
Good morning everyone!! I have a question/rant/issue.... Just whatever I am 5'2", pretty short, have a curvy shape.. I HATE my stomach... I have always been jealous of women that were heavy yet still had a "flat" stomach... I, on the other hand have this ledge looking belly and some love handles... it drives me crazy!! I pull my stomach up and play with it and see my ideal belly underneath... It just feels like it's NEVER going to go away and flatten out.. even when I was 135 lbs it was there... I hate it.. If it weren't for that... well and touching thighs I would be sooooo happy with my body.

Do you any of you have the same issues? If so, we're you able to flatten it out? I know you can't spot reduce or anything like that but I hope that thru tons of cardio and everything else that it will eventually go away... I hope I hope!!!!!

Ideas? Thoughts?? Anything? Thanks y'all!

Replies

• marymooster
    marymooster Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    unfortunately belly's need direct work sometime. I would suggest regular abdominal massage. This will help decrease bloating and you can work the fatty deposits breaking them down so that they are used easier.... I have found this very helpful in my own loss and with some of my clients. Best wishes... Mary
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I have this problem, but its because my skin stretched too much during my pregnancy and has left me with more stretch marks than normal skin, (yuck!) so short of going under the knife I'm trying to learn to live with the fact that I'll never have a truely flat belly again.
    But if you've not had children/got stretched skin then maybe it would eventually go? Well done on your fantastic loss so far!
  • tmej1973
    tmej1973 Posts: 14
    Options
    I hate my HUGE stomach as well....I have had about 12 tummy surgeries and it is so outta shape. I used to always say, when it heals and I can, I will work on it, but then another surgery always happened. Now I have a rather large stomach and even though I can feel the weight I have lost in it, you can't see it in clothes. It is really discouraging to look at. I have recently started doing yoga and pilates to slowly work on my midsection and am really enjoying it.

Keep you chin up, you seem to be on the right track. Just like anything else, it will take some time. Best of luck to you!
  • unocentavo
    unocentavo Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I've heard some good things about this herbal body wrap. Research it more. It may help your particular situation.
    http://bodyshapingwrap.com/
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I've always had a round-ish belly...especially that dreaded pooch area. :( Even when I was at my slimmest, in high school, I had a bit of a pooch. I truly believe that some bodies, especially women's bodies, will always have some kind of curve. Take a look at your female family members...do they have round stomachs?

Some of it could be genetic, and while you can tone, it may never be washboard-flat. That being said, you may have phenominal luck and find that you can flatten it out.

Good luck, and if you figure out the trick, share! :)
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    This wrap targets the fat in the sub layers of the skin and releases them, so your skin can tighten. I've seen good results on my stomach and arms so far. It does not help you lose weight, just to tighten up loose skin after weight loss. Check out my site and read up on it. Feel free to email me if you have any questions about it.

www.itworks.net/trishadux
  • stringcheeze
    Options
    There was a post by imagymrat about what exercises to do to help tighten abs post pregnancy. The article made a lot of sense for the rest of us who have a bit of extra flab there and want to tighten up, whether we've had kids or not.

Here we go, I found it:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/111476-new-baby-saggy-abs
  • HeatherBurke
    Options
    Thanks everyone.. hopefully I'll find something that works because it's making me crazy and very insecure.. I feel ok with clothes on, when they come off it's a totally different story! We'll see!!!!!!