Forget weight I need to lose my brain

Options
My husband and I went for a run today. Just over 5 miles, my longest run since hurting my foot a little over a month ago and I was pumped. We were running in a wildlife area near our home and there was a high school class out there on a field trip. As we passed them they started clapping and cheering for us. I felt myself starting to run faster. It wasn't because I was motivated by them, it was because I wanted to get away from them.

They were probably trying to be nice but the moment they started I instantly felt like I was being teased. In that moment I was no longer a 37 year old woman who has lost half her body weight and can run 14 miles. I was an overweight high school girl who couldn't run the mile in PE. How does this happen? I said all of this out loud to my husband (who I've been with since I was 17 so he knew the fat girl that couldn't run) and he talked me threw my anxiety. I wish I could go back and tell my fat girl self to hold her head high and not listen to others. And I wish that the fit me now could learn to do this also. Anyway, thanks for "listening".

Replies

• ZenInTexas
    ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I can absolutely relate to your story. It's hard to shake off the past. But you are an incredible woman and have done amazing things. Let go of those hurtful feelings and focus on the present. You are strong and beautiful. :flowerforyou: