Hey guys... needing some support?

disneybuff323
disneybuff323 Posts: 21
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hey guys I'm new to myfitnesspal and keeping a food diary. I really hope I can stick to it. How does it work for you guys?

I am about 175 lbs and 5'11'' girl. Although I know this is not extremely overweight, I'm not happy with my body. What do you guys think? I need to lose the fat and extra lbs from my butt, thighs, and stomach. Almost all of my friends have super skinny bodies, and it makes me extremely self concious. I've done slimfast. I think my problem is I snack too much and overeat. I don't play any sports, as I'm not athletic. What are you guys doing? Do you have any advice for me? Good luck to you all and God Bless!

Replies

• misspenny762
    misspenny762 Posts: 279 Member
    You can do this! MFP is all about calorie counting, not a fad diet - which means you CAN snack, and you CAN eat what you want - you just have to watch your portions to make sure you don't exceed your calorie goal... and of course, exercise, exercise, exercise! I tried all kinds of diets before but only this is working for me, because I don't feel like I'm depriving myself or giving anything up. It's working for me, so I know you can do it too. Welcome to MFP! I sent you a friend request :]
  • sameantha
    sameantha Posts: 75 Member
    Welcome to your new lifestyle and journey. If you aren't into sports that is ok. You just have to find an activity that you like or just take a walk. I love to dance and play volleyball. I bought dancing videos to do at home. I don't want anyone to see how I trip over my feet. When I was working day shift, I joined a volleyball league. Here recently, my 14 yr old son went to a Christian camp and he made a commitment to organize a 5K to raise money to send to Africa to build water wells. I have decided that I would like to TRY to run in it. I would have never even imagined me running until this came up. I have looked into C25K and am going to do that. I really have a long way to go, but am finding that I can do more than I thought. I feel like I have accomplished something when I meet goals. Hope this helps. GOOD LUCK!!!
This discussion has been closed.