reaching my goal weight, but still not good :(

i started out at 140 lbs (im 5'0) and now an 123 but my body isnt what i thought it would be. i still have a belly overhang, though its not as bad as before. would doing some body weight exercises help? i cant go to a gym nor can i afford equipment at the time being.

Replies

• You can't target fat loss. Just continue exercise.
    Maybe work on abdominal muscles.
  • wertgirlfor
    wertgirlfor Posts: 161 Member
    try blogilates. I do like the bare minimum and already look slimmer.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Re-read all of the threads you have started and you will have the answer. It might not be what you want to hear, but you have received a ton of information. Re-read the threads and start applying it.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    What weight were you in the pics posted earlier? I think the number on the scale has worked out a little badly for your body type, depending on your height, of course. Your posts suggest that you think you are closer to the weight you'll need to be than you are. Imho, from those pics, lose 15 lbs and then re-evaluate (maybe less, but maybe even more, really).

Now, adding in core work is always a good thing, I think. You can't beat a strong core! Just make sure to include stretching, and work the back as well as the front. Good luck!

And don't worry about scale weight overall. That's not what I mean. I just mean that it looks like you have some poundage of actual fat on your belly. More than 1 or two lbs, if I can be so bold! :) It's not unusual :)
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Keep losing weight. Incorporate some bodyweight work. Blogilates is a good suggestion.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Goodness. I know you're worried about this. But stop obsessing on it and keep up the great work losing weight. I agree, reread all your other threads on the same thing. This is probably the last area you'll lose from. You can't change how your body chooses to lose.
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Eh, it's a bit of a tummy. Hardly a crime against humanity. Do strength training and toning exercise, it'll go away. Try not to get worked up about it, it's not the end of the world. Why is a perfectly flat tummy the be-all-end-all?
  • Stick with it, and stay active! Proper diet, exercise and time, will get you there! You may want to fine tune your diet a little. Are you keeping a diary of what you're eating every day? If so, see if you can reduce calories from fat a little in the food you eat, to help convince your body to get rid of a little more.

Simple exercises like planks will help a little too. Just keep your body active every day, and stay focused.
  • A_Healthier_Me2013
    A_Healthier_Me2013 Posts: 227 Member
    try blogilates. I do like the bare minimum and already look slimmer.

i love this site!
  • jigglyone
    jigglyone Posts: 410 Member
    thanks everyone. i know i keep talking about it, but the more i hear that it will go away the more motivated i get, so i am sorry for being annoying:blushing:
  • tempehforever
    tempehforever Posts: 183 Member
    Eh, I think once one is at a healthy weight, there is a happy medium to achieve between 1) continuing to work on strength training and losing a little more to achieve the look you want, and 2) making peace with your body and genetics rather than obsessing about conforming to a specific and arbitrary beauty standard. I think the key is finding that balance.

Keep working at it and you'll probably be pleased with the results, but also be realistic about what is feasible within a balance, well-rounded life. Look at some body-postive blogs on Tumblr and focus on the fitness achievements you've made!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Strength. Training.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Re-read all of the threads you have started and you will have the answer. It might not be what you want to hear, but you have received a ton of information. Re-read the threads and start applying it.

^^^This. spend more time on your diet and exercise and less on here bemoaning the fact that your belly doesn't look like you want it to. It's been explained to you over and over already.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    thanks everyone. i know i keep talking about it, but the more i hear that it will go away the more motivated i get, so i am sorry for being annoying:blushing:

Hey, I looked at your progress pics and there is a huge difference! Huge! Use that as motivation :) It's clearly working.

I don't think a totally flat belly is important, myself. I have to get way too thin to lose all of mine. But we look like we are in the same boat about right now, and I know 8-10 lbs is something I want to do and reasonable for me and my BF%, etc. Of course you have to decide for yourself and not expect perfection. But I am looking forward to the unveiling over the next 8 lbs :) Seriously, it's the really fun part for me because that middle starts coming off so well comparatively!

I do work my core hardcore, and I like seeing what's underneath slowly being revealed. Definitely add some weight training if only for the fun of the reveal :) Best of luck!
  • smc864
    smc864 Posts: 570 Member
    I looked at your pics and you should be incredibly proud of yourself! What a huge difference! I have a similar issue that you have, and to be honest the only real answer is continue to lose more weight and strength training. Your progress pics should be all the motivation you need! Keep up the good work! :smile:

And I agree with what another person said... why are we all so obsessed with flat stomachs? I think a little tummy is cute :heart:
  • jigglyone
    I looked at your pics and you should be incredibly proud of yourself! What a huge difference! I have a similar issue that you have, and to be honest the only real answer is continue to lose more weight and strength training. Your progress pics should be all the motivation you need! Keep up the good work! :smile:

And I agree with what another person said... why are we all so obsessed with flat stomachs? I think a little tummy is cute :heart:

thanks :) i wouldnt mind a little tummy either to be honest. i just wanna lose a bit more :)
  • jigglyone

Hey, I looked at your progress pics and there is a huge difference! Huge! Use that as motivation :) It's clearly working.

I don't think a totally flat belly is important, myself. I have to get way too thin to lose all of mine. But we look like we are in the same boat about right now, and I know 8-10 lbs is something I want to do and reasonable for me and my BF%, etc. Of course you have to decide for yourself and not expect perfection. But I am looking forward to the unveiling over the next 8 lbs :) Seriously, it's the really fun part for me because that middle starts coming off so well comparatively!

I do work my core hardcore, and I like seeing what's underneath slowly being revealed. Definitely add some weight training if only for the fun of the reveal :) Best of luck!

thank you so much :flowerforyou: