"you look sick"

Options
124»

Replies

• missyahall2
    missyahall2 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    mostly people wishing they were thinner themselves....it's easier to say "you look sick" than to give a genuine compliment.

^^^This^^^
  • AbsyPernet
    Options
    Most definitely, my best friend said that last week and my sister and mum said the same thing! Go figure:blushing:

I think they meant well, but, I am not taking their comments too seriously.

I am trying to get leaner and fitter, the scale does not mean much to me these days

Don't worry about it too much:smile:
  • marioalberto1
    marioalberto1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    This is one of the most irritating things for me. People saying "aren't you going to stop losing weight now?" It makes me want to show them the belly fat that I still have to get rid of.
    Yup!
  • MissBelle777
    Options
    I do! I'm 5'0 and 95 pounds, I've lost 40 pounds since June. I get the "go eat" and "you look sick" thing quite a lot.. Oh well, I'm happy being at a healthy weight. It doesn't matter if they are.
  • natalielismore
    Options
    Yep I get that.. And what makes it worse is that it's the people that told me I need to lose weight in the first place. They now say don't lose anymore you look sick... What is wrong with People ??

That is so friggin annoying.. I used to get that a lot when there were other people (a few years back at school) who were skinnier than me, there were even a few anorexic ones.. However, I get ALL the attention JUST BECAUSE I started off as being chubby back in junior school. Therefore, I think people EXCEPT me to stay fat my whole life? Anyway, that really did screw up my life because I was in the normal BMI range.

Don't listen to them, think about your own goals, maybe even weight train to gain more muscle to lose the fat, just my advice because when I was told I was sick I actually had limited muscle but a high percentage of fat.
    So now i'm weight training 3x a week! :)