Give Away Your Weight!

Options
With the holidays coming on and with such a great need to support those less fortunate, I've decided to put my weight loss to good use. Our local food pantry is always in need of donations so I've decided to donate my weight loss pounds in food items. I'm grateful for having lost 75 pounds and decided one way to celebrate is to donate 75 pounds of food items. So my loss will be someone's gain!

Replies

• hotmomma0612
    hotmomma0612 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    That's a great idea!

God bless :flowerforyou:
  • here2inspire
    Options
    thats a good idea, happy holidays:D
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    That's really cool. :heart:
  • callas444
    callas444 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I just gave away over a pound of hair. (Locks of Love) Love the idea of giving food as well. Thanks.
  • Artaxia
    Artaxia Posts: 185
    Options
    That's a great idea for those who aren't struggling. Those families will truly enjoy those gifts from you. :)
    Unfortunately, I can't afford to do that. I worry about paying rent. Go America!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    That's a great idea for those who aren't struggling. Those families will truly enjoy those gifts from you. :)
    Unfortunately, I can't afford to do that. I worry about paying rent. Go America!

I totally agree and am happy that I'm able to do this as a thanks for being healthier. At one time I, too, was just getting by so this is also part of being grateful for what I do have and wanting to pay it back in some way. :flowerforyou:
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    That is a wonderful idea!!! I might just have to do something like that when I reach my goal weight..Losing 209 pounds total...90 down...still a lot to go! But I will get there..If I can afford to donate food I will...may just have to donate my time and effort at least 209 hours..Will have to see where I'm at financially when I get there! :)
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Love it!!
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Yep. I love this idea, too!! Very clever - and kind!!