Help!

Options
Hey everyone!
So, my family is going through a rough patch and my dad and I recently moved away from the other half.We are both EXTREMELY broke but both trying to lose weight. We're living off of the kindness of his work friends and really cheap food. One can only afford so much chicken and fish before it becomes just too much to spend.

Does anyone have ANY suggestions on how to eat well, but on an extremely tight budget?
Thanks!

Replies

• trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    portion control. At the end of the day what you're eating is important, but portion control is key too. You can make cheap, filling meals and pad them out with frozen vegies, brown rice, potato, pumpkin etc. Perhaps google things like 'meals on a shoestring budget' etc.

Its tougher, sure, but it's doable :)
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    oh and also, minced meat (leaner cuts for lower fat/cal) can go a reaaaaaaaally long way when stretched out with sauces and veges to make pasta, chilli etc.
  • DaveneGfit
    DaveneGfit Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Yeah portion control and I have noticed if I increase my fat intake a bit I stay fuller longer. You can also buy things like beans in bulk, rice, and find ways to stretch your meals. It is not ideal, but is doable. You can do it!