New member and I need help:)

Options
Hello all,

I am new here on this forum and really am just looking for some help. I figure this would be the best place to come. I currently am a 5'11 male who weighs 190ish pounds. I really would like to loose the belly fat that for some reason just doesnt want to come off.

I used to go to a gym 2 times a week were I would work with a trainer and do some pretty rigorous workouts ( was training for the Air Force). However after getting a job and getting back into the school routine, I couldnt keep up with it any more and had to quite going. So here I am with the same goal, however I have a new strategy.

Right now I figure I want to loose around 1 lb per week until I hit my 175 lb goal. However I have no idea what kind of meals to eat or what kind of exercise routines to do. lately I have been doing a one mile trek over an overpass at 5:45 in the morning followed by some push ups but I know thats not enough. What works for you all. I am a very structured person, so once I have a routine set, and I see results, I am usually good to go. What is your routine?

Thanks for all of the help:)

ps- what time of day is the best to weigh yourself to get an accurate reading of weight lost?

Replies

• ElectroJay
    ElectroJay Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome,

Start with setting up your myfitnesspal calorie tracker (and download the smartphone app). This website has an incredibly vast database of foods that you can enter into your calorie tracking diary quickly and easily.

I have a sedentary lifestyle (sit at desk all day for work and dont' really play sports) and my goal is to lose 1 pound per week. My daily calorie quota is 1440.

I eat fruits at my desk for breakfast, a homemade salad for lunch(baby spinach, field greens, arugula, tomatoes, onions, strawberries, 1 tbsp blue cheese, extra virgin olive oil + balsamic vinegar), and then I eat something borderline bad for dinner (steak, roast beef, pasta, etc).

I have a Xbox Kinect at home and play Zumba Fitness: World Party for 50mins (15 songs) on every night that I go over my calorie intake (which is often lol). This burns about 485 calories which lets me enjoy a few sweets (halloween kitkat, caramilk, etc) if I really crave it.

Good luck!
  • KylePayne99
    KylePayne99 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks man. I really appreciate it. :)
  • Anselee
    Anselee Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hey there, Welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me I'm a daily logger :)