Lifting problems please help

Options
Okay so for the past 2-3 weeks and have been lifting a certain weight on this machine I have at home and recently I have taken 2 days off from doing it 6 times a week and when I tried to lift the weights today during my workout I physically couldn't move it and again today I tried to lift it again but it wouldn't budge, why can't I move it, I've checked it out the machine it's fine, I have also recently started a calorie surplus so I'm really worried, I have no cold or flu either!

Replies

• mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Lifting the same weight in the same manner 6 days a week? You aren't giving the muscle groups you're using a chance to recover. Try only doing it every other day, give your muscles a chance to recoup first!
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    If you lift same weight too much every day without recovering you are overtraining. You are doing too much and as a result getting weaker instead of stronger. If you want to do it every day then you need to decrease amount you do, so you can recover. Usually by half will do. And don't go to failure. But I still suggest not to train every day, especially if you are beginner, cos beginners usually don't know how hard to train to be able to recover and don't know how to listen to you body.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    6 days a week doing the same movement is too much.

vary your workout.

also progressive loading is important. so you need a plan- and then you need to add weight- down side to that- sometimes you stall... and then you need to deload.

So right now- you need to deload- it's okay. It happens to everyone.

But you need some rest/recovery type days- and you need to be doing different things. not just the same thing every day.

Back the weight off and start again.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    6 days a week doing the same movement is too much.

vary your workout.

also progressive loading is important. so you need a plan- and then you need to add weight- down side to that- sometimes you stall... and then you need to deload.

So right now- you need to deload- it's okay. It happens to everyone.

But you need some rest/recovery type days- and you need to be doing different things. not just the same thing every day.

Back the weight off and start again.

Agreed.