What a rubbish few days.... Time to face it

Options
mrsnlw
mrsnlw Posts: 25 Member
So I started my MFP journey a few days ago but we have had pizza days at work, functions etc to attend. That is now all out of the way so I intend on grabbing it with both hands now and sticking to it.

I am pleased that other than the pizza day, I have avoided bread since I started - I feel a lot less bloated as a result.

Any ideas for batch cooking for lunches that I could make in advance for lunches next week at work? I have made a yummy veg stew in the slow cooker using carrots, onions, swede, leeks, barley stock and potatoes and would like something in a similar vein.

Replies

• RaluKitty
    RaluKitty Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite food is lentil soup/stew. On the stove. Or any king of vegetarian (bean) chili - if you tolerate beans (I boil the beans separately and discard the water before starting the actual stew to make them more digestible). Any recipe you like - I just use 2 large onions, lentils/beans, 2-4 carrots (cut in chunks for texture) and add a can of tomatoes towards the end. And cumin/paprika for seasoning.

But here are 2 slow-cooker recipes that I use every month, sometimes multiple times:

Chicken fajitas: http://foodfamilyfinds.com/slow-cooker-chicken-fajitas-recipe/ (I use olive oil, double the veggies, and add some tomato paste 10 min before the cooking ends).

Mushroom barley stew: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/slow-cooker-mushroom-barley-risotto-recipe/index.html (I add chicken breast or thigh fillets, more mushrooms, tomato paste at the end, and just put everything in the slow cooker).
  • mapenguinkeeper
    Options
    put a whole chicken in the slow cooker w/enough water to cover up to 2/3 of the chicken w/onion, carrot, celery, salt and pepper. I cook overnight then move to a cool pot in the AM, put in the frig for the day and then scrape the fat off the top, remove the skin and bones. I reserve some of the meat for a different meal, say fajitas, chicken salad sandwiches/lettuce cups, quesadillas, then heat the remaining chicken and veg and add rice or noodles. I also add fragrant herbs like thyme or rosemary.
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I like Chili, I make it in the crock pot and it is so yummy.
  • Jacson53
    Jacson53 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My wife makes a 15-bean soup to which she adds other stuff (rice, corn, tomatoes, peppers, celery and more).
    I can only have a cup every 2 days, but it sure is good.