HCG Maintenance Question

PhotographerOfNature
PhotographerOfNature Posts: 452 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Is anyone in the Maintenance portion of the HCG Protocol Program??? If so, just wondering how you are doing and if you have had any weight gain. Thanks everyone!

Replies

• July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    FiveFatCats is in Phase 3 right now. I think she is doing pretty good.........Hopefully, she will pop her head in here for you!!!
  • Well yes, fivefatcats is doing great on maintenance!! SHE'S MY SISTER, and my best friend!!! I myself started the HCG diet in April at 200.4 pounds. I did one 46 day round of HHCG and lost 28 pounds. I stayed in Phase 3 for over 7 weeks although only 3 is required, because it wasn't going fabulously for me. I then moved into Phase 4 until starting my second round on August 8th. As of this morning I am 160.1.

I think one of the reasons I had challenges in Phase 3 was because I resorted to frankenfoods almost immediately. I'd done Atkins briefly in the past (didn't lose anything), but I was very aware of Atkins low net-carb foods and things like Carbquick as a bread substitute. I think I should have steered clear of those manufactured foods. In hindsight it seems rather silly that I didn't have any trouble eating all the whole foods on the restrictive Phase 2 diet, but as soon as the reins were loosened I immediately returned to manufactured foods. Anyway, I was able to maintain thanks to 9 steak days over 70-some days between rounds (good thing I love a good steak) and I started round 2 with a starting weight of 172.6.

There are lots of things that will affect your ability to maintain in Phase 3, and they are different for everyone. A phase 3 diet that works for one person may be a complete failure for someone else. The scale is your guide to finding out what works for you. Some people can have nuts, yogurt, milk, cheese, etc. and some people see a gain as soon as they add these things into their diet. you just need to add things slowly and try to identify what may have caused your gain if you see one, and then cut that out for a while and try it again later.

Although many who are uninformed about this diet think it is a quick-fix I can assure you that it is anything but. Yes, the weight comes off faster than on most other programs, but the healthful lifestyle you have to adopt in order to maintain your weight has to be a committment for the rest of your life, just like any other weight-loss plan.

Hope that helps!!
  • Awesome bmaybmay! Thanks for the tips and advice. Congrats on your weight loss! That is amazing!!! I am sooooo happy for you. Keep up the good work and tell fivefatcats hello for me.
This discussion has been closed.