Calorie question

skippy627
skippy627 Posts: 4
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
So today I decided to play a video game (dance dance revolution, if you must know) that supposedly tracked my calories burned while playing. If you don't know what it is, you shuffle your feet and jump around on a mat, and this version includes moving your arms a lot too. Anyway, after 30 minutes of that, it said I had burned around 750 Kcal. I went, "what?" What is the difference between kcal and the calorie count I normally see like on a treadmill or something? Also, if anyone has any idea, does that count seem high? I know I was jumping and "dancing" and whatnot, but that's a whole lotta calories for just 30 minutes! Thanks!

Replies

• OnionCookie
    OnionCookie Posts: 272 Member
    I play DDR for exercise as well. I think the calorie count runs a bit high. I just log it in here as Dancing, General and it gives me a more realistic count. I played 40 minutes today and as dancing General it logged about 280 calories on here (I'm 208lbs). There's no way of knowing absolutely for sure unless you wear a heart rate monitor but I would trust this counter over the one on the game.
This discussion has been closed.