Looking for feedback/opinions

Options
I've been maintaining for about 3 months now following a 30 pound weight loss. I've been pretty consistent within 2 pounds or so. I've continued to log aand my eating has stayed similar with just an additonal treat now that I'm maintaining. I was working out a lot training for a triathlon until about a month ago. I took a few weeks off of exercise to let my body recover from pretty intense training while still maintaining my weight without an issue. This week I've gotten back to training, so I can maintain my base mileage for next season. Now I've noticed I've gained a few pounds this week. Nothing too major but I don't want that trend to continue. I'm wondering if this is possibly water weight now that I"m back to training and my muscles are a little sore? I've continued to log and have stayed very consistent with my diet through the week. What does everyone think, is this anything to be concerned with?

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I would give it a week. If you have a good scale, you should see in a day or two if you're moving down back into your range or this is stable. A two pounds could be a lot of things, but it would be a LOT of fat deposition if that's really what it is. If your food is stable, it probably is not that.

I would also look at inches (or just feel your clothes). What are they telling you?
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I'd assume it's just water retention due to the exercise, but time will tell.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    If you are sure you aren't eating too much, then it's most likely water retention.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    It could very easily be water retention from the re-introduction of training. I know that when I got back into exercising after my half the scale initially jumped. It took about a week of regular workouts before my body started to relax a bit and I was back to my normal weight.
  • marlt
    marlt Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Ok, thanks everyone, I"ll give it a week and see. My clothes are fitting the same so hopefully its just the water. Still getting used to this maintaining thing and I tend to get a little paranoid. I'll keep you posted!
  • marlt
    marlt Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Update: A week later at weigh in I was back down to normal range. As most of you said must have just been water retentiion. Thanks for the feedback and comments!