Easier goal 10 times losing 10 pounds

Options
Taamyjo
Taamyjo Posts: 22 Member
I am thrilled to have posted my first loss of almost 5 pounds but in trying to motivate myself I find thinking it in terms of 10 sets of 10 pounds lost works better for me. It is easier to think of losing the next ten then to think I have another 95 to go, :).

Replies

• marieskee
    marieskee Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You are setting yourself up for success and for that you should be proud!!!!!

You have to do what works for you and you will succeed.

I have done this approach in the past and have found that it WORKS for me. I like to set attainable goal and reward myself for my achievements.
    Way to go and keep up the good work.
  • Taamyjo
    Options
    Thanks Marie! I did reward my first weightloss, not with food :).
  • shellylb52
    shellylb52 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I like your way of thinking! :smile:
  • caroljup
    Options
    So, what are you doing, it sounds great, by the congrats!!!!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    i think of it in the big picture. that works for me.
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    That's a great way to thing about it. Bigger goals broken down into smaller, more achievable (read: less daunting) goals is a cornerstone of success!

Best of luck!
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I have a similar way of thinking... I'm now 1/3 of the way to my goal, so I only have to do what I just did two more times! It sure helps to have a positive attitude, it gets you through the slumps! Best wishes!!
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I have a similar way of thinking... I'm now 1/3 of the way to my goal, so I only have to do what I just did two more times! It sure helps to have a positive attitude, it gets you through the slumps! Best wishes!!

^ I like this, too.
  • Limath
    Limath Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Bumblebreezy....I like your ticker picture. I might have to copy that idea!
  • ideang
    ideang Posts: 95
    Options
    I look at my weight loss that way to. I get excited when I hit a new 10lb bracket. It really makes it feel more successful when you have a lot to lose.
  • fishermanmatt
    fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I like your way of thinking. I started out wanting to lose 300 pounds which seemed impossible. Breaking it up into smaller amounts and rewarding myself along the way has kept me interested. Best of luck to you on your journey.
  • Urban_Princess
    Urban_Princess Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    that's the best way! And then when you reach a certain point you can say "hey i just lost 30lbs, I could totally do another 30!"
  • rachelkharr
    Options
    I definitely agree with that approach! Setting short terms goals seem easier to attain :)
  • RosaliaBee
    RosaliaBee Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Great idea, I think I'll be adopting this approach too. Ten stages of ten pounds each, seems more attainable. Thanks.
  • peachstategal
    peachstategal Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I am also setting my goal for 10 pounds at a time. I've lost my first two 10 pounds and have 2 more 10 pounds to lose.
  • Taamyjo
    Options
    When I lose a minimum of 40 I am going to Punta Cana. That is actually my head in the ticker picture. I was standing on our balcony in Punta Cana. It is my favorite beach, so the ticker is perfect to help me see my goal!! We hit our 25th anniversary in June but I wouldn't go then and reward my bad behavior, :).
  • Taamyjo
    Options
    I am actually back to counting calories which I at one time never thought I would but I have done low carbs also they both work for me it is just what I am willing to stick to.
  • Sammie_175
    Options
    Wow I just started this journey. And reading all the comments that you all have posted is such an encouragement to me. My goal is to lose at total of 50 pounds. I know with hard work I can do. And see how you all are going by tens it seems like it would be easier that way. Can you all maybe post some of the things your doing to lose your weight. Like what workouts or what kind of foods?
  • Taamyjo
    Options
    One of my favorite foods is sushi. If I have a movie or something special to watch, in place of popcorn I will have a sushi roll of course I count that as my dinner. I find it fun and satisfying. I recently tried a chicken parmesean recipe with whole wheat spaghetti it was quite good. I got the recipe from http://www.skinnytaste.com/. I find I do much better planning my food and addding some new fun ones has made it a tasty healthy way to go.