Jackie Warner vs. P90x

Options
Has anyone done Jackie Warners Power Circut Training dvd and P90x? I'm wondering how much of a difference the workouts are intensity wise. I dont want to buy P90x (or possibly Insanity) and then think its too hard.

Replies

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Here's a review of the Warner DVD that I Googled. If you don't want difficult then I wouldn't choose P90X or Insanity.

*Reason for purchase: I had tried two of Jackie's workouts On Demand and one of them was the 40 minute workout from this DVD. I really like the way she puts circuits together. Her moves are unique and challenging. Also, I hate standing there and doing rep after rep...I get bored and don't burn any calories. With circuit training, I get the strength training I need AND burn calories while I do it.

*On The Disk:
    15 min-Total Body Circuit
    15 min- Abs Only Circuit
    15 min-Lower Body Circuit
    15 min-Upper Body Circuit
    40 min-Total Body Circuit

*Positives:
    Mix and Match work outs allow me to create my own workouts/longer workouts. For example-abs/upper body together for a 30 min circuit, 40 min total body + 15 min abs for almost an hour of strength training, double up on lower body for intense leg burn!

I really like that the moves are simple and easy to replicate and hard to screw up.

I love the variation in the moves and it really targets each major muscle group for each circuit

I FEEL the burn, but because it is so fast paced I don't get bored or frustrated and quit.

The warm up was quick, but effective.

*Negatives
    There are not really any modifications other than-use less weight/use more weight

The cool down stretching isn't very long, but you can always do more on your own.

*Today, I did the 15 min Total Body. It was high rep/low weight fast paced circuits for lower body, upper body, and abs--in that order. I used 5 lbs weight and I'm pretty sure my delts are going to fall off tomorrow. Keep in mind I did this after 35 min of HIIT on the elliptical and a 15 min run.

Would I recommend this DVD? Absolutely.