Hi, New Here

Hello ~ hope a forum can help inspire some motivation like a forum helped me quit smoking 12 years ago.

Can't blame it on the smoking since it has been so long - I think it's stress eating, you know that mindless eating some people (smile) do late into the morning because tootsie rolls seem to taste so much better at 2am.

Was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia this year after many costly test. This being the case exercise will not be consistent because of the pain. Was just jogging the dog on the beach 2 years ago, this mess hit like a brick wall.

The computer calculated to stay the same I can only have 1,200 cal's a day! Yikes, I'm going to starve.

Nice to meet y'all

Replies

• stat1124
    stat1124 Posts: 163 Member
    Welcome to MFP!! Glad you made the decision to take control of your life and health! I know the task seems daunting right now but the idea to define your ultimate goal and then create small mini goals (Weekly, Month, whatever) and focus on just the objective infront of you instead of proverbial finish line. Also remember that the 1200 calories is based of off your estimate activity level. If you are more active, you can eat more calories!! Plus there are plenty of foods out there that are healthy and gives your body and stomach the feeling of being full. Whole grains and oats are great especially in the morning. Plus they give you a slow release of energy through out the day because they take longer to break down! You will find hints and tricks like this from all the wonderful people of MFP! Just remember its one step at a time! Happy Friday and Good Luck!
  • Thank you for the welcome.

Will start with eggs today since I do not eat meat with the exception of fish - gotta get that protein. Not too sure about the wheat, am reading where it makes inflammation worse. I found sprout bread to be pretty easy to stomach (not sit so heavy) but probably should skip it all together.
  • stat1124
    stat1124 Posts: 163 Member
    Well for your fibromyalgia, I would definitely consult your physician and let him know you want to start eating clean and ask for recommendations that do not interfere with your condition! Good Luck!
  • jennycina93
    jennycina93 Posts: 127 Member
    Great job starting your healthy journey. I am also on 1200 calories a day since I am short (5'1). I find it almost impossible to not go over unless I have worked out at least a little. Since you have trouble with that part, I would talk to your doctor about maybe some smaller workouts you can do or about some dense food choices that will help you stay full but aren't too much in calories. Good luck with your whole journey. Also, feel free to add me if you are looking for some MFP friends :)
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Good luck with your lifestyle change. Hope you can get your fibromyalgia control because exercise is importana along with healthy eating. Also, feel free to add me if you are looking for some MFP friends :)
  • nickylee76
    nickylee76 Posts: 629 Member
    I'm new too. :) Just joined today. Was doing WW for awhile and lost nearly 50 pounds then fell off the wagon and gained 12 back. Decided to give this a try since it is free and will be fresh for me!! Good luck to you!!