Who's your workout partner?

Options
Mine is my husband.. He's inspiration cuz whatever I want to do .. He will do with me. If I wanted to walk 1000 hours... I know he would be right along side me (hurt legs and all). He doesn't need to lose an ounce of weight but because he knows how passionate I am but losing the extra I gain before him... He's working just as hard as I am. Jesus is my Motivator but he sent my husband to be with me physically. And that I can appreciated.

Replies

• SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    Well, I do not really have a work out partner. I usually work out when my wife is at work and in the evening we don't have a babysitter so we can work out together. I am very blessed that my mom-in-law watches our kids and even watches them a coupke hours AFTER I get off work so that i can wgo to the gym. My 7 year old sometimes does P90X with me. I would love to have a work out partner but it is what it is.
  • CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I guess my work out buddys are my kids lol I currently dont have a vehicle so we walk everywhere and thats my exercise and so they walk with me or I push the little one in the stroller. Sometimes when I do the bike in my room they sit on my bed with me though I would rather they go play.
  • Keisha79
    Keisha79 Posts: 63
    Options
    This still sounds GRAND. The fact that u r working out... I so support.
    I try to get my 3 1/2 year old involved in the Wii exercise games with me.
  • CudyBug
    Options
    yea some days are easier then other to get a walk in since my 5 year old would rather sit in the stroller BUT i dont like pushing the double strolling just to the playground 20 minutes away lol so sometimes its a head ache with her whining the whole walk lol But I do it and I enjoy having them with me all the time even with whining
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    The voices in my head....:wink: Unless it's FOY yoga day and then it's 14 cats & kittens.
  • sk_letsdothis
    sk_letsdothis Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My husband is my workout partner on the weekends since our schedules conflict during the weekday, and during the weekday it's my son. After I get out of work, I pick him up and we're off, whether it be roller blading, biking, raccquetball, running up stairs at the local high school, or tennis, he's right by my side! Yesterday we went to a park that had a lake and one lap around is 1 mile and we had already done three and I was planning to stop after three, but he was like you can do it mommy, let's do one more lap, so I couldn't say no to that. I want to teach my son the live a healthy lifestyle and I'm glad he's getting into it! He's even helping watch the calories in the groceries I buy lol!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Husband is my workout partner. Alarm goes off at 4:20am, hit snooze twice, get up, workout begins at 5am. Kids are still asleep while we workout.
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    MY workout partner is my mother in law, and she is a great one ..even though I have to get up at 5:30 AM everyday, when I really don't have to. I do it, for her and with her. Sometimes when I don't get a chance to go with her in the morning, she will watch the kids and me and my husband will go, on Saturday and Sunday we swim laps at the gym pool. It is a great routine!
  • Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Nobody. I've found most of my friends/family to be more de-motivators than motivators, so I just learned to motivate myself. I can't even count the times that I made plans to go walk or workout with my sister and we wound up at I-HOP instead. LOL

I like working out by myself, I push myself harder. I like to put on some music and just zone out for an hour or so, that's my "me" time.
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    My ipod and my workouts suck without her.
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    My workout partners are Myself and I.

That's right...It's just Me, Myself, and I! (sing it with me, you know you want to!)

Seriously, though, I workout all by myself. And I am amazed every single day that I am the only motivation that I need!! NEVER thought I would be the girl getting up at 5am to get out and run, but I am so glad that I am!
  • tjbeer
    tjbeer Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    It's just me and my Ipod......music is very much my motivator. :glasses:

Tx
  • jenniferyeatts
    jenniferyeatts Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Tony Horton! He works out with me everyday! All I have to do is PUSH PLAY!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I've gained a new respect for people that can workout by themselves at home. I'm always looking around the family room at what needs to be dusted and who left their shoes behind.
  • SillySkittles
    SillySkittles Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Mine is my coworker!!! We used to run together on our lunch hours until our runs got too long (we were both doing the C25K program) and just being accountable to someone was the motivator I needed (I'm pretty easy on myself! *LOL*)

I would push myself to go out and go for my run because I knew my coworker would go and when she came to chat about our run during the day, I didn't want to get caught having to tell her that I didn't go! So a little light competition is also a big motivator, even though she wouldn't make me feel bad if I didn't go for the run, just knowing that she'd be a run ahead of me was enouigh to get me going!!!

Now that I've finished the C25K program, knowing I've come this far is enough to make sure that I keep going because the thought of losing the endurance that I've gained and going back to how I used to not be able to run 60 seconds is terrifying!!!
  • CudyBug
    Options
    I've gained a new respect for people that can workout by themselves at home. I'm always looking around the family room at what needs to be dusted and who left their shoes behind.

cleaning is a workout in itself. hehe I keep my bike in my room for that reason. I wont get on it untill the house is clean if it is the living room nad by the time im done picking up or fighting kids to pick up Im exhaused
  • goldspaula
    goldspaula Posts: 161
    Options
    My workout partner is my daughter! We go to the gym and work out nearly every day. She has really inspired me to try new things and really expand my workouts! I love going to the gym with her and look forward to it every day, especially Saturdays when we swim. It's fantastic! I have a neighbor that I'm just getting to know chatting there at the gym as well. We don't see her very often but it is good when we can all sit on the bikes and visit while we log those laps!!!
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    My kittens! Okay, so they aren't kitten anymore technically but... they have learned to give me enough floor space or to jump really quickly out of the way if I am doing plyometrics!

I love my cats. they are the puuurfect workout partners (sorry, couldn't resist ;)
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    my workout partner is my ipod :)
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    I don't have one. I really wish I had one because I know that it would be so much easier to have someone right there doing it with you.