2 tbsp diced shallots
1 (8-oz) box quinoa pasta
15 cups chopped kale
1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
2 tbsp tahini
1 cup nutritional yeast

Directions

Sauté garlic and a little shallot together with the freshly rised kale. (If you’re using frozen kale, sauté in low or no-sodium veggie broth).
As the greens and quinoa or quinoa pasta are cooking, throw them into the pan with the garlic and shallot.
Rehydrate sun-dried tomatoes in hot water.
Just before serving, throw 1 cup of nutritional yeast, 2 tablespoons of tahini and a small amount of red pepper flakes into the pan with the sun-dried tomatoes.
In place of salt, try a squeeze of lemon or a dash or pepper.

Yes this will be so amazing you'll be begging for more or begging to be put out of your misery :laugh: Sorry couldn't find the vomit emoticon right now. I may have lots of healthy things in it but ewwwww! No way that is tasty.

Replies

• thickerella
    thickerella Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Cheesy Pasta Supreme with love from DR Oz :wink:

Ingredients

2 cloves garlic
    2 tbsp diced shallots
    1 (8-oz) box quinoa pasta
    15 cups chopped kale
    1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes
    1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
    2 tbsp tahini
    1 cup nutritional yeast

Directions

Sauté garlic and a little shallot together with the freshly rised kale. (If you’re using frozen kale, sauté in low or no-sodium veggie broth).
    As the greens and quinoa or quinoa pasta are cooking, throw them into the pan with the garlic and shallot.
    Rehydrate sun-dried tomatoes in hot water.
    Just before serving, throw 1 cup of nutritional yeast, 2 tablespoons of tahini and a small amount of red pepper flakes into the pan with the sun-dried tomatoes.
    In place of salt, try a squeeze of lemon or a dash or pepper.

Yes this will be so amazing you'll be begging for more or begging to be put out of your misery :laugh: Sorry couldn't find the vomit emoticon right now. I may have lots of healthy things in it but ewwwww! No way that is tasty.

FIFTEEN cups of chopped kale!? Holy Bitter Bites Batman! That's some serious green-load!
  • zoeybleepbloop
    zoeybleepbloop Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I actually think that looks pretty good, although fifteen cups of kale seems completely insane. Maybe that was a typo on his site. I'd go with, like, one cup. Or two maybe. But the rest sounds good to me! I just eat that kind of food I guess. I love kale, quinoa, tahini and nutritional yeast. But I'm a vegetarian, so I eat that kind of stuff a lot. :)
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I did cut and paste it so it's correct. 15! Even if it was 1 cup I still think this recipe is not going to be what it is called in the title.. Not supremely cheesey just gag worthy.
  • mockchoc
    Options
    I actually think that looks pretty good, although fifteen cups of kale seems completely insane. Maybe that was a typo on his site. I'd go with, like, one cup. Or two maybe. But the rest sounds good to me! I just eat that kind of food I guess. I love kale, quinoa, tahini and nutritional yeast. But I'm a vegetarian, so I eat that kind of stuff a lot. :)

I eat all those things too. I am not vegetarian but I was a chef long ago and love to eat all sorts of things. I have kale in the garden, tahini in my fridge, quinoa in two forms (uncooked and ready to microwave tubs) and I keep my nutritional yeast in the fridge or freezer because I don't use it often. I just don't think this sounds delicious. Healthy yes, yummy not!
  • zoeybleepbloop
    zoeybleepbloop Posts: 22 Member
    Options

I eat all those things too. I am not vegetarian but I was a chef long ago and love to eat all sorts of things. I have kale in the garden, tahini in my fridge, quinoa in two forms (uncooked and ready to microwave tubs) and I keep my nutritional yeast in the fridge or freezer because I don't use it often. I just don't think this sounds delicious. Healthy yes, yummy not!

Ew- yeah, I can't believe he really wants fifteen cups! That's just a vat of kale with a few noodles in it.
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Where do I get quinoa pasta?
  • mockchoc
    Options
    Where do I get quinoa pasta?

Probably health food shops. I had one that was good. Think it was a quinoa blend with rice or something.
  • eylia
    eylia Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    If there were less kale, I don't think it sounds too bad. 15 cups just seems...a little insane.
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Is kale like spinach maybe? cause you know cups of spinach end up looking like a Tbsp lol
  • NessaWilde
    NessaWilde Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    In my experience kale tends to hold up when cooked. It doesn't really shrink down like spinach.
  • summitrunner
    Options
    15 cups makes sense. Kale is a superfood so the more the healthier! Teehee
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    This is recipe shaming.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Yes*

*because apparently it's against the rules to say no
  • summitrunner
    Options
    Yes*

hahaha, yes also now, thanks for that.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    I don't know...I'd try it.
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options
    Eww. 15 cups? I don't have a pot that big.
  • summitrunner
    Options
    Eww. 15 cups? I don't have a pot that big.

Try using bathtub. Just make sure the water is turned to hot.
  • CompressedCarbon
    CompressedCarbon Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Yes*

That was beautiful. Also kale, it's not one of my good things.
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Kale reduces when cooked. What is 15 cups chopped, maybe be a couple cups withered.
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    This also calls for 15 cups of kale.

Recipe: Lentil Soup with Sausage and Kale

Ingredients

5 cloves garlic
    4 cups chopped carrots
    4 cups chopped celery
    2 onions, chopped
    2 leeks, chopped
    1 large sprig thyme
    1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
    4 cups green lentils
    10-15 cups loosely packed baby kale
    8 cups chicken stock
    4 chicken sausage links, sliced
    olive oil

Instructions

Drizzle olive oil in a large pot, heat over medium low heat.
    Add celery, carrots, leeks, onion, and garlic. Cook 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently, until translucent (but not brown).
    Add herbs and chicken stock, bring to a boil.
    Add lentils and sausage reduce heat, simmer partially covered, about 40 minutes, until lentils are tender.
    Add kale and cook until kale is reduced and tender.