Frustration

Options
It is the holidays, and I am really trying hard to lost at least a couple of pounds. I do ZUMBA 6/7 days a week, eating semi healthy (but staying within my calorie limit), yet... not really losing. Not sure of what to do? HELP?

Replies

• I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    You may find this article on why you aren't losing weight helpful:

http://www.acaloriecounter.com/blog/why-am-i-not-losing-weight/

Weigh and measure your food if you aren't losing, you're probably underestimating your intake.
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Alternate the zumba with weights/resistance training. I was addicted to Zumba and did it for a year. Then I noticed that while I felt like I was getting a good workout, my body wasn't really changing in the ways I wanted it to. I do circuit training and lots of push ups, resistance training and it's toned me up really well.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Fork put downs.

I'm sure your goal isn't really to lose weight, it's to look better right? Do some strength training for body recomp.
  • nmiller0813
    Options
    Thank you!

@ dwh77tx. I am going to add more weight/resistance training after the first of the year and we shall see how it goes.
    @hollydubs85...why am I not wanting to lose weight? I'm confused with your response.
  • stroutman81
    stroutman81 Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    1. How many calories per day are you aiming for and what is your height, age, and weight?

2. What was your highest weight?

3. How are you ensuring accuracy of your supposed intake?
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    If you aren't losing weight you aren't eating at a deficit. Are you weighing and measuring your food and logging everything? Are you eating back all of your exercise calories and how are you measuring those?
  • lgrix
    lgrix Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I think that 1,000 calories burned for an hour of zumba is too high. Not sure where you are getting that number from, if it is a HRM, it may not be working properly. MFP gives zumba about 300 cal. / hour
  • nmiller0813
    Options
    igrix = my calorie burned count, is from ZUMBA. It is based upon MY weight. Not the average person's weight.

I do not eat all of my exercise calories back. But, I do eat most of them back. on a good day about 70 percent.. average day about 50%.

I do weigh and measure my food... and I have since lost 3 additional pounds, so I am good. Thanks!