McDonalds Documentary?!?!

Options
Ok so I work a small part time job at a local skating rink. When I show up to work last night there is a film crew inside of the rink. This is not unusual since we usually have camera crews filming all kinds of stuff at the rink.... you know Austin is the Texas version of Hollywood you know. Any how I found out what they were filming about. Apparently there is some very high level soccer team of youth kids (btwn the ages of 10-15 or so) that travels btwn Mexico and the US competing in large high level tournaments. In short this film is about how these kids are doing these sports and high level comps but only eating McD's. *SMH* Great... just what we need all of our youth seeing. Potentially professional athletes grubbing on nothing but McD's and competing at this high of a level and being successful. WTH are people thinking?!?!

Replies

• jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Ok so I work a small part time job at a local skating rink. When I show up to work last night there is a film crew inside of the rink. This is not unusual since we usually have camera crews filming all kinds of stuff at the rink.... you know Austin is the Texas version of Hollywood you know. Any how I found out what they were filming about. Apparently there is some very high level soccer team of youth kids (btwn the ages of 10-15 or so) that travels btwn Mexico and the US competing in large high level tournaments. In short this film is about how these kids are doing these sports and high level comps but only eating McD's. *SMH* Great... just what we need all of our youth seeing. Potentially professional athletes grubbing on nothing but McD's and competing at this high of a level and being successful. WTH are people thinking?!?!

That young athletes eat a lot of calories. Fast food is calorie dense. I guess nobody wants another thread where we bring up what powered Phelps through the Olympics...? But it was this kind of stuff. Bolt lived on McNuggets, didn't he?

I personally couldn't give a **** what an athlete eats, only how he/she competes. If you eat a vegan diet and produce a great high jump - good for you. If you eat McD's and win gold in the pool - good for you too!
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Actually I don't think a Burger, Fries n a Shake would be bad for you if you are an active 16 year old, especially an athlete. Trouble is, that most people that eat that stuff aren't and it develops poor eating habits. :bigsmile:
  • CoachDreesTraining
    CoachDreesTraining Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    We were served fast food, pizza, and buffets while playing football in high school and college. It's cheap and it's high in calories. Nothing wrong with the food as long as they are getting their nutrients from other meals or supplements throughout the week.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I don't get it - they eat Mcd's for all meals? Is that the point of the documentary? I wasn't on a very high level team, but I played a bunch of state travel ball with athletes that went on to higher level and all we ever ate was fast food. This is pretty much the norm, is it not?
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    Yes I agree that athletes of any age do not need to worry much about cals but a lot of kids that are not athletes I am sure will see this as hey... I can eat McD's and be just fine.