Quite proud of myself

Options
Jacson53
Jacson53 Posts: 62 Member
I just realized that while walking through Publix (supermarket) this morning I came to the Gauntlet... Displays of Entenman's, Krispy Kremes, Twinkies and other stuff.
Just kept walking and didn't get tempted.

Now THAT is progress in my book! :laugh:

Replies

• Hiker_Rob
    Hiker_Rob Posts: 5,547 Member
    Options
    It is great progress! I find the same for myself quite often, the chocolate bars at the cashier's never call out to me any more!
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It always feels good to resist temptation, I just sometimes forget that...
  • jitsuda
    jitsuda Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    You are quite an inspiration! Keep it up!
  • mapenguinkeeper
    Options
    wish I could get my hubby to do the same with the cheese case.
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    That's a great success! I resisted post-workout McDonald's last night, so I know the feeling of accomplishment!
  • lyzmorrison
    lyzmorrison Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I know! When I walk through the bakery at Kroger to get to the produce....how's that for store layout?....I think "gross. poison. gross". I figure one day I may even believe it.
  • sravenel
    sravenel Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Now that is what I call will power! Awesome Job :)
  • skinnydreams29
    Options
    That is great! Amazing!!! Kudos to you
  • TheGirlsATimeBomb
    TheGirlsATimeBomb Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    could have bought it for me /:
  • tfleischer
    tfleischer Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Yay!
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! Funny how our taste buds and minds change after living "good" for a while!
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Now that is what I call will power! Awesome Job :)

It's not willpower, that's the awesome part. Not wanting something in the first place is so much better than having to struggle with the temptation to eat it. A great success.
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    that is awesome and I feel the same way except for me its chips.. not a sweets gal but huge salt lover ;-) congratulations on all you've done
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    Great job..just keep walking.
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Well done! :)

I'm pleased that I can look at my (young, skinny) co-worker stuffing her face with chocolate bars and not be interested in eating them. I did eat a bit of my other co-worker's iced bun, though... It's a work in progress...
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    That's such a win!!! Well done!!!
  • dezb64
    dezb64 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Way to go! It's a great feeling when you can just walk by that stuff and it doesn't call your name!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!