Out of shape athlete looking for friends

Options
Hello from sunny central Florida! So here's my story.... I'm 27 years old and have been an athlete all my life. Through a series of unfortunate events this year, I have gained over 25 lbs and can't even run 2 miles anymore, much less complete a triathlon :cry: I am looking for motivation and encouragement to help get my butt back into shape so that I can not only compete again, but feel good about myself again. So I welcome anyone who wants to join me on this crazy journey :smile:

Replies

• simonkurth
    simonkurth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. I'm an ex rugby player turned obese, turned healthy again. You can do this !
  • Debbieboston
    Options
    Hi, you can do it..For me I was always over weight. One day I decided that being over weight is not what i wanted to be. I get up early in the morning and i work out.. I also started counting how much calories i put in my body. You can do it, put up a pic of your fit self; reminder everyday of how you want to look fantastic again.
  • House5540
    House5540 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ex Football guy here. Had cancer that broke my back. Lost my will to be active. I coach in that capacity but couldn't try to get back in shape. I put on a boatload of bad weight. Now it's time for me to get active. Add me if you want, I'll do the best that I can to make sure you feel supported and pushed!
  • tom004
    Options
    Played football and baseball in college. I'm now 38 and need to drop 45-50lbs.

Add me if you like.
  • meb0407
    meb0407 Posts: 492
    Options
    Hi, you can do it..For me I was always over weight. One day I decided that being over weight is not what i wanted to be. I get up early in the morning and i work out.. I also started counting how much calories i put in my body. You can do it, put up a pic of your fit self; reminder everyday of how you want to look fantastic again.
  • meb0407
    Options
    That's why I picked the picture that I did. That was me in April 2012... about 20lbs lighter and ready to compete in a sprint triathlon!
  • ArtemisRuns
    ArtemisRuns Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I have been there. I am 44 and just started running this year for the first time in my life and I love it! Getting fit is a long journey but you can get back into fitness - it just takes work!
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I'm an out of shape tennis player! I have about 20-30 lbs to lose, and I am determined to do it, because I am a pretty good tennis player, and I want my fitness level to match that.
  • D8vidFitness
    Options
    Wrestled and played basketball! added you.
  • wwunderlust
    Options
    ex-hurdler that never got back into athletic shape after anorexia+recovery (gained a buttload of weight and yo-yo'd my way through skinny and tubby). been holding off for too long, and looking to get in the best shape of my life! added ya :)
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately some events in life can alter the person who we are inside, which in turn our body follows suit.

The best motivation and encouragement you will ever get is from yourself. You are the key to the door on the other side. The door won't begin to open until you twist your brain in the right direction.

If you competed in triathlons, you're already a little twisted. So go get it...
  • meb0407
    Options
    Unfortunately some events in life can alter the person who we are inside, which in turn our body follows suit.

The best motivation and encouragement you will ever get is from yourself. You are the key to the door on the other side. The door won't begin to open until you twist your brain in the right direction.

If you competed in triathlons, you're already a little twisted. So go get it...

This is great advice... You have to want something bad enough to fight for it and succeed! And yes, I might just be a little on the crazy side for doing triathlons ;) My ultimate goal is doing a competitive Ironman Tri!! Maybe next year!!