Changes in energy level?

Options
Anyone want to throw me a motivational bone and tell me how much more energy they have after losing some weight? How about mental clarity? Ambition? Inclination?

I feel that at this weight I've lost a lot of my energy and oomph. I'm hoping to get some of that back as I drop some pounds. In fact, the idea of it is pretty motivating.

Replies

• _SantaClause_
    _SantaClause_ Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    The sex will be better, even if it's with yourself.
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I am a SAHM of a 2 year old & have sooo much more energy. I've dropped 34lbs since July. I can now go to the playground & run & jump with her. I can clean house & cook everyday without feeling worn down. I even do Jillian Michael's DVDs a few times a week. I can now fit into non plus sized jeans! I started Yoga in September & have seen great improvements mentally. I'm able to be calmer, more relaxed, more flexible. The benefits are endless!
  • Spreyton22K
    Spreyton22K Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Dear Sister,

Just wanted to personally welcome you back!!!!! Sorry that you lost focus and feel further behind than when you started....it will get better. You and I a very similar in age.....although my kidlets are grown-ups now, I truly, really did find that losing weight contributed greatly to my over-all health and increased energy levels. I guess there is more than one factor to account for this, obviously you aren't carrying around a whole lot of "excess baggage" to start with and often the act of being aware of calorie intake may make a difference in overall style of food choices. It can be a whole package of self-care which we can often let slide in the daily hurly-burly of life.

Try to not let the whole "You will be X amount, weight wise...in this many weeks" derail you......you didn't get to this point quickly and in reality you are an individual human being not just a number that is plugged into a generalised computer programme so you never know that 5 weeks may become much less.

A while ago I posted my story called "My Fat History".....if you're interested in learning a little more of my background. I have so fairly individual limitations particularly now, health wise :(..... but I am still interested in being there for others and if you would like another friend to be there for you please feel free to give us a message and add me.
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I have much more energy, physical and mental. I didn't realize how much room for improvement there was.
  • thistimewillbedifferent
    Options
    I like what the earlier poster said about not having realized how much room for improvement there was. I have always been a high-energy person, so it astounded me when (after I had lost some weight) how much more energy I had. My friends have noticed that I walk much faster, I almost never get sleepy after lunch, and I no longer want to collapse on the sofa when I get home from work -- I want to do stuff! I used to get winded by just one flight of stairs, but now I can zip up three or four flights with no problem. Life was excellent before, but it is SO MUCH better now! (I've lost 65 lbs since January.)
  • LittleSister
    LittleSister Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    The sex will be better, even if it's with yourself.

HA HA HA! Can't wait . . .
  • LittleSister
    Options
    I am a SAHM of a 2 year old & have sooo much more energy. I've dropped 34lbs since July. I can now go to the playground & run & jump with her. I can clean house & cook everyday without feeling worn down. I even do Jillian Michael's DVDs a few times a week. I can now fit into non plus sized jeans! I started Yoga in September & have seen great improvements mentally. I'm able to be calmer, more relaxed, more flexible. The benefits are endless!

I might just have to print this, cut it out, & hang it on my fridge!!
  • LittleSister
    Options
    I have much more energy, physical and mental. I didn't realize how much room for improvement there was.

Wow, looking at your weight loss ticker is so inspirational! Thanks!
  • LittleSister
    Options
    I like what the earlier poster said about not having realized how much room for improvement there was. I have always been a high-energy person, so it astounded me when (after I had lost some weight) how much more energy I had. My friends have noticed that I walk much faster, I almost never get sleepy after lunch, and I no longer want to collapse on the sofa when I get home from work -- I want to do stuff! I used to get winded by just one flight of stairs, but now I can zip up three or four flights with no problem. Life was excellent before, but it is SO MUCH better now! (I've lost 65 lbs since January.)

Wow, might have to print this one too & post it on my fridge! And congrats on 65 pounds - that is so, so, so awesome!!
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Much more energy. In fact, its been hard to stay still. I use to watch tv all darn day. Now my tv doesn't go on till late at night. Many projects around the house going on. I think it annoys my hubby though because I would rather be working in the yard or out doing something and he still wants to play games on his computer....I find myself getting bored real easy now. I am also up very early in the morning, have the house cleaned and been for my run before he is even out of bed...his biggest complaint is we don't sit and have coffee anymore. He is having breakfast and I am ready for lunch LOL
  • LittleSister
    Options
    Much more energy. In fact, its been hard to stay still. I use to watch tv all darn day. Now my tv doesn't go on till late at night. Many projects around the house going on. I think it annoys my hubby though because I would rather be working in the yard or out doing something and he still wants to play games on his computer....I find myself getting bored real easy now. I am also up very early in the morning, have the house cleaned and been for my run before he is even out of bed...his biggest complaint is we don't sit and have coffee anymore. He is having breakfast and I am ready for lunch LOL

Sheesh, that's wonderful! I hope I get to a point like that. I can't seem to stick to a task for more than 15 minutes if it involves moving around. I can work for hours on the computer though. My house is messy and my yard looks like a bad hair day. Plus, I just seem behind in life, chronically behind. I always run out of steam before I can make a dent in things. Thanks so much for this inspiration!! Sorry about the disconnect with your hubby - I hope he catches up with you!
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Being able to do things again is great. Trying out new exercises has become exciting.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Just as an experiment, I decided to carry a 10 pound weight on a one mile walk after I lost 10 pounds . I was exhausted when I finished. I was amazed at how much energy 10 pounds takes away from you. It is wonderful to get that energy back by losing weight.
  • LittleSister
    Options
    Just as an experiment, I decided to carry a 10 pound weight on a one mile walk after I lost 10 pounds . I was exhausted when I finished. I was amazed at how much energy 10 pounds takes away from you. It is wonderful to get that energy back by losing weight.

WOW!!

That's gooooooooood.