BEST NEWS EVER...NEW KNEES BEFORE CHRISTMAS!!!

Options
124»

Replies

• Florawanda
    Florawanda Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Sue, I am overjoyed for you and special Ed, after all you have been through over the last year. Your determination and dedication have brought you to this point, and I am sure you will endure the discomforts of the operation and the days after, with your shining smiles, and be able to enjoy the last year of being in the 60s with newfound activities - dancing, walking, maybe even gentle running. This news has made my day!! God bless!
  • ecanales52
    ecanales52 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    So happy for you, Sue! This is wonderful news! Please keep us posted on your recovery!
  • kneely1786
    kneely1786 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You are truly an inspiration to us all.
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    This is great news!
  • mhoeff1
    mhoeff1 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I have been following your updates and was very pleased to see this post today!!!!! Woot woot I will be praying for you!!!!! so happy for you you are going to do fantastic!!! Keep us posted thanks best wishes for a great recovery!!!
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I hope you research what to expect. I hear recovery comes in 3 waves. The initial surgery, the shock and dissapointment of how much pain you are in and how difficult the recovery is, then finally the over the hump stage where you are glad you did it. Its a tough road but well worth it in the end. You are a strong and determinded woman and I know you will do great! I don't mean toscare you but I have seen this pattern many times over. Brace yourself, you can do it!
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I hope you research what to expect. I hear recovery comes in 3 waves. The initial surgery, the shock and dissapointment of how much pain you are in and how difficult the recovery is, then finally the over the hump stage where you are glad you did it. Its a tough road but well worth it in the end. You are a strong and determinded woman and I know you will do great! I don't mean toscare you but I have seen this pattern many times over. Brace yourself, you can do it!

I had 5 years of very painful treatments back in the late 90's to get back the use of my right arm after a serious crush injury. That included 42 stellate ganglion blocks and extensive physical therapy. My doctors and therapist said that I was their 'poster girl' for working hard and never complaining about the pain. Even my dentist said that I have an amazing tolerance for pain.

I am prepared for pain. I have been living with it for years; but I realize this will be different. I goal is to 'push myself' with the physical therapy. I know that can make the real difference is the success of these surgery. I really want my mobility back, and that will require me to give it my best effort.

I don't like pain meds; but my doctor said, "You will be on pain meds." We'll see. :grumble:

I have turned down pain meds after surgery before. I prefer to tough it out, rather than be doped up.
  • noriri
    noriri Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am so happy that the end is now in sight. I was surprised to hear that they would both at the same time. You are a trooper and have the great physician on your side. I am confident that you will do well.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!