New to MFP

Options
Hi Everyone,

I started my fitness pal 2 weeks ago. I am 24 years old. Was 175lbs now 165.8 !! I am 5"8 ! My weight has been bothering for about 2 years and I was just plain lazy until 2 weeks ago a friend of mine introduced me. I guess you get to that point that you just can't go on hating the way that you look. Right ?? Anyways, I am having trouble with my dieting. I don't find it hard at all. I find it rather easy. My husband and I do a one cheat meal every Friday night after a hard week of work. Other than that I am very strict. Maybe too strict. My calorie intake is 1200 but I have a hard time getting to 1200 calories. I am way under my calorie intake - but I feel fine ?? I know this isn't good. And I would appreciate positive feedback. This is just something I have never done, nor have I paid any attention to it. I guess what I am wondering is if I feel completely satisfied is it okay to be under my calorie goal ?

Replies

• k98speedy
    Options
    Hello,

I don't believe it's healthy to be under your caloric goal. Depending on what you do all day, your body could be feeding off of it's self because nothing coming in. Is your energy level pretty good throughout the day? Congrats on the weight loss BTW. I have a pretty busy schedule so my calories come from a dense, daily super foods shake. What do you do for fitness?.
  • alhumphreys
    alhumphreys Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    This is what everyone has been telling me. I am actually making weight loss more difficult by not eating enough calories. My energy level is always good throughout the day. I find I have way more energy now then I did when I wasn't eating healthy. I just don't know if I can force myself to eat more. Also, I am finding it hard to come up with snacks and lunches. Everyone says I will figure it out eventually ..... and I suppose I will !! For fitness I am doing some of Chris Freytag's videos and Denise Austins. I love doing the kickboxing cardio workouts. Also, I go for a 45 min walk with my dog usually everyday or every second day depending on my work schedule !!