What do you eat before a morning workout?

Options
2»

Replies

• TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I don't really eat anything (5.30AM workouts) but I do take OxyShred prior and protein shakes as well as a good breakfast after!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I believe this is nothing but personal preference and what you can adhere to and achieve your short and/or long term goals.... I workout early (up at 5:30) and my preference is to eat before I workout. I do not like to workout fasted, for me I just feel better eating before. So I normally have 4 scratch made waffle with syrup, 1 banana, 1 glass of chocolate milk, and a travel mug of a medium roast keurig coffee. I sub in 2 bagels with all natural peanut butter drizzled with honey sometimes in place of the waffles but that is my staple breakfast. When I returned from the gym I normally do a snack ahead of lunch and it is usually a mixed cup of coco almonds, cashews, and chocolate covered peanuts.... I think doing what works best for each individual is the best choice you can make.... Best of Luck
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I usually have a protein shake with an apple or a banana. I have energy, and I stay full for while.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I swim at 8:30, so I have breakfast an hour before. It has to be very light, but energetic. I have what I call "swimmers breakfast"--tea with lemon, 1/2 banana, 1/2 cup Fage yougurt, and a little raspberry jam stirred in. After, I have a coffe and skim milk--no sugar, and a light snack.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    FRUIT!!! A few bananas are just what i need to get my bicycle heading in the direction of my work.