Looking for the best 10K app (I have completed c25k)

Options
Hi Everyone!
I am looking for the best app for training for a 10K. I started a training program this week, and I just realized that it's actually a program (10K Forever) to help IMPROVE your 10K... I have ran 10K a few times, but I want to work up to doing it comfortably.

Anyway, I'm looking for a good app for my iPhone. I don't want one that is going to take me from 0-10 because I'm already very comfortable running 3 or 4 miles. I'd like to start at that 5K mark and work my way up.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Kelly :)

Replies

• bkbenda
    bkbenda Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    After I was able to run a 5K without walking, I increased my mileage by .5 of a mile a week until I was able to complete 6.2 with no walking. I used Sports-tracker to track my distance and speed. I would run 3-4 times a week. One run would be my long run with the mileage increase, the other runs around 3 miles.

Now that I am able to run the entire 6.2, I am using Runkeeper to train for a specific pace. Runkeeper has several free training programs for various distances and paces. The training plan has 4 runs a week with different types of runs each time. (intervals, long, etc.) Runkeeper also syncs the exercise activity with MFP which is nice. I am not always able to run at the recommended pace but I use it as a goal to improve. The app tells you when to run slow, steady, fast and the training plan gives you the range of speed for each of these. Today is a 7 mile run! Good luck!