I need help

Options
This site is saying I am at deficite of a 1,000 calories/week. Should I try getting closer to the amount of calories for each day? I usually go to bed with around 900 calories each day. I'm not sure though,:smile:

Replies

• SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    You need more. At least 1200 even without exercise.
  • sshelton
    Options
    Wow, 900 is too low. Your brain, muscles, and organs need nutrition to function properly. What are you consuming?
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    You should try to get closer. Not eating all your calories once in a while is okay but not everyday. Try to get close. have you tried eating in between snacks like veggies or fruit? Its not an exact science keep working at it.
  • batty5
    batty5 Posts: 193
    Options
    Sorry maybe I have misunderstood but I read this post t say that the weekly deficit is 1000 calories so it will then take 3.5 weeks to lose 1lb. Have I misunderstood?
  • ccornett
    Options
    It takes a deficit of 1000 calories PER DAY in order to lose 2 pounds in a week. This site will not allow you to put a more aggressive goal than 2 lbs per week b/c anything more than that is considered unhealthy. I also don't believe this site will ever recommend a daily calorie count of less than 1200.
  • roxxidavison
    Options
    Yes you did. I have lost 11lbs so far but I eat 3 meals a day plus three snacks and it is still saying I have consumed enough.