it's been 10 days. haven't lost anything

Options
Help. I am eating healthy everyday. Just enough calories... never under never over. I do high interval training cardio workouts everyday along with ab workouts. I started 10 days ago and do it everyday. I am still at my same weight. Why is this happening to me?

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Please post your heigh, weight, age, daily calorie goal, and training regimen. Thanks. :)
  • ziggypop93
    ziggypop93 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    It doesn't look like you log your workouts. And a lot of days you are under 1200 calories - so along with the calories you are burning you are really not eating enough. Plus you could possibly be losing fat but building muscle - take your measurements.
  • GoBucks34
    GoBucks34 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Well it says I lost 16 lbs but I was in here a few years ago and my weight was higher before. 10 days ago I was at 121 and still am. I'm 21 years old and I'm 5 3. I have a lot of belly fat
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    You aren't heavy so it will take time to see results, I'm sorry to say. Have you tried lifting heavy? It will help you burn fat and retain muscle
  • lizzardsm
    lizzardsm Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hm. Well really it's a patience issue. Give it 3-4 weeks and see if you've lost weight. Sometimes bodies need time to reflect on the scale. It's unlikely you're gaining muscle since it's very difficult to gain muscle while on a deficit (and usually involves lifting heavy weights).

Are you weighing your foods? Are you really actually logging everything you eat (even the bite here and there)?

I've also noticed that you have a pretty low calorie intake (i.e. 1200 or lower). You don't have to do that in order to lose weight. Check out this article about how to set your calories while properly fueling your body.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/937712-in-place-of-a-road-map-ver-3-0

Are you hungry all the time? Even if you find that you aren't hungry on your current diet, you may not be meeting your nutritional needs. Eating that few calories on a regular basis can lead you to accidentally overeat, be cranky, tired, not move as much/often, etc.
  • lizzardsm
    Options
    Well it says I lost 16 lbs but I was in here a few years ago and my weight was higher before. 10 days ago I was at 121 and still am. I'm 21 years old and I'm 5 3. I have a lot of belly fat

Well this is concerning. Why are you trying to lose another 15 lbs when you already weigh 121 - a perfectly appropriate weight for someone your height and age?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Well this is concerning. Why are you trying to lose another 15 lbs when you already weigh 121 - a perfectly appropriate weight for someone your height and age?

She will still be in a healthy range if she loses another 15lb at her height.
  • lizzardsm
    Options
    Thanks Sara! Did you take a look at her diary?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    - Did you start exercising recently?

- Do you use a food scale?

- Do you log absolutely everything (cooking oil, condiments, drinks etc)? - you seem to be missing dinner quite a few days per your diary, is this correct?

Edited for typo
  • lizzardsm
    Options
    Sara's the expert! Listen to her!

I'm out! :)
  • Tinydancer91
    Tinydancer91 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 22, I was 122.5 almost two months ago and when I checked myself yesterday I was 120.5. two months. twwoo months to lose two pounds! I'm 5'6.5 and have been following what seems to be an identical plan to yours. I suppose it'll just take us some time...one thing I noticed I like tho is that my stomach is a lot tighter now, and before it was getting pretty dam pudgy and thick.
  • ZombieGeezUs
    Options
    Everything that sara says plus be sure to take progress photos. You aren't going to be able to see the change in the mirror because it is going to be gradual. I also recommend not focusing on the scale so much for a little while, you can become obsessed with it. Just worry about becoming faster, stronger and just overall better. Find a solid plan AND STICK WITH IT. A fatal flaw is plan hopping.

It is hard to say exactly what to do because we have so little information and even then, everyone is different. A lot of this stuff is trial and error.
  • GoBucks34
    Options
    because I have a lot of belly fat. I need to lose weight still. I would show you a picture but I don't know how to add it on here.
  • GoBucks34
    Options
    yes I have been exersizing regularily, I thought I just said that...HITT is really good cardio. Yes I log everything I eat, and weigh everything, I am very anal when it comes to that. I usually eat right up to my goal calories.
  • ZombieGeezUs
    Options
    Are you allowing yourself any rest days? You may not be giving your body enough time to recover.
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Is your calorie goal 1200? That's for a 2lbs a week loss. That's too aggressive for someone with so little to lose. You should have it at .5lbs a week. Eat more!

I would think for your stats and activity level you would eat around 1700 a day.
  • VelvetMorning
    VelvetMorning Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I've read (but I'm not an expert, so someone verify this) that when you begin exercising your muscles take in water or something. So when you drink after a work out that water goes into your muscles and it will give you a temporary gain for the first few weeks (or, in your case, because you're eating so little you're maintaining) but then you'll start to lose as it balances out.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    I've read (but I'm not an expert, so someone verify this) that when you begin exercising your muscles take in water or something. So when you drink after a work out that water goes into your muscles and it will give you a temporary gain for the first few weeks (or, in your case, because you're eating so little you're maintaining) but then you'll start to lose as it balances out.

Your understanding is basically correct - it's glycogen and water that your muscles need for repair.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    yes I have been exersizing regularily, I thought I just said that...HITT is really good cardio. Yes I log everything I eat, and weigh everything, I am very anal when it comes to that. I usually eat right up to my goal calories.
    No, you said that you exercise and you started 10 days ago.

The question was trying to understand whether you started exercising then, or whether you were exercising before.
  • arizona2012
    arizona2012 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi

I was wondering if anyone had any advice for a 58 years old, 5 ft tall, woman that would like to loose at least 20 lbs. total (now 135lbs). I have tried to keep my diet approx. 300 calories less than my maintenance calorie allotment (1200-1400) in order to loose minimally ½ per week. Doing this however brings me to a daily caloric intake of 900-1100. I can accomplish this on most days of the week, but was still hungry most days so would sneak up to 1200-1300/day to be satisfied. Most everywhere I read and FMP states that I am not taking in enough calories and in starvation mode. This would make sense as I have played with the same 5-6 lbs for the last 5-6 months. Perhaps I am not eating the correct foods?

I think the only thing I can do is increase my activity. To do this I need to make a serious commitment to myself in order to reorganize my time in order to do this. I am a morning person and this past week I got up an hour earlier (4:30a) to walk/run on my treadmill or exercise to a 30 min DVD. After the fourth day, I found I was so exhausted I was unable to sustain it.

This week I will only plan to get up early three days only instead of everyday. On the days I do not exercise in the morning I will try to do something active in the afternoon. I do a yoga class (at work) but it only meets once pre week (a 75 min class).

Does anybody have any advice on what I should do to increase my activity?
    I hate the cold weather and it get's dark early in New England so I do not go outside at all this time of year. I have become a couch potato after supper and most of my hobbies are sedentary. Most of the gyms near me are for a younger crowd and are not very friendly (I have previously been a member at most of them at one time or another.)

I wish I could join or start up a walking or beginner runner group in the Pelham, NH area…perhaps that would help motivated me to get outside and meet others that are interested in doing the same.

Any help or advice is welcomed!