Replies

• trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    IXUO5zJ.gif
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Anyone want to do a capital raise for a new "magic" detox? I'm sick and tired of trying to help people who refuse to listen to good sense, so I figure we might as well make some money off of them. #sellingout
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

I recently started the teatox (two days ago). I am a fashion blogger and Your Tea offered to sponsor me if I just tried it and wrote about it. The website was really pretty and attractive, the explanations of ingredients and effects looked legit, and the packaging was even awesome. I did the three tea bags the first day, and ate a banana, oatmeal, chicken, kale salad, fresh fruit, lots of water, vegetables with hummus--the normal foods I eat throughout the day. I woke up this morning feeling hung over and when I went to the bathroom I noticed blood. It said on the site that if you take the tea while you're menstruating that it'll be a heavier period because the tea makes your blood thicker?!?! Well I am NOT menstruating and that is NOT normal. Even though the site sends out a good message and is visually appealing, I don't think you should give into this like I did. What I don't understand is how all these women are drinking it and posting before and after pictures and saying they feel so healthy.

I am not in any pain and after one day of drinking three teas, I already notice my stomach is less bloated...this can't be good for you.

I am currently a member of Tone It Up (2 years now) and that plan helped me loose 16 pounds by simply working out and eating healthy. I HIGHLY recommend that :)

If anyone else has tried this tea, please say what it was like! I am curious to see if anyone else had symptoms like me.

Should probably speak to your doctor about the random spotting! Could have a million reasons, so better safe than sorry!
  • healthylovernut
    Options
    I have read so many mixed reviews on Teatox's they seem to be all the rage right now. I can honestly say though from reading the news I thought it was all hype (like many of you), but I was proven wrong.

My favorite of all the "teatox's" is Swami Mami Teas. I lost 29 pounds using both their morning and evening teas, along with eating clean, doing yoga and hiking. The weight dropped off in 12 weeks. I bought the 10 week teatox kit. I now drink the Get Lean tea in the morning, and really do love it.

They don't use any Senna leaf in their Detox blend, which can cause liver damage and intestinal issues. Their tea is obviously high quality, you can tell right away. They send muslin tea bags to use and reuse everyday which is cool, and more eco friendly than tea bags since you can reuse the same bag for at least 2 weeks.

My friend turned me on to this company and I have to say I love it. Can't say much about Tiny tea, as I haven't tried it.
  • healthylovernut
    Options
    No water or peppermint tea?? That makes no sense at all.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    I have read so many mixed reviews on Teatox's they seem to be all the rage right now. I can honestly say though from reading the news I thought it was all hype (like many of you), but I was proven wrong.

My favorite of all the "teatox's" is Swami Mami Teas. I lost 29 pounds using both their morning and evening teas, along with eating clean, doing yoga and hiking. The weight dropped off in 12 weeks. I bought the 10 week teatox kit. I now drink the Get Lean tea in the morning, and really do love it.

They don't use any Senna leaf in their Detox blend, which can cause liver damage and intestinal issues. Their tea is obviously high quality, you can tell right away. They send muslin tea bags to use and reuse everyday which is cool, and more eco friendly than tea bags since you can reuse the same bag for at least 2 weeks.

My friend turned me on to this company and I have to say I love it. Can't say much about Tiny tea, as I haven't tried it.

Have you ever heard the fable about stone soup?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_Soup
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

I recently started the teatox (two days ago). I am a fashion blogger and Your Tea offered to sponsor me if I just tried it and wrote about it. The website was really pretty and attractive, the explanations of ingredients and effects looked legit, and the packaging was even awesome. I did the three tea bags the first day, and ate a banana, oatmeal, chicken, kale salad, fresh fruit, lots of water, vegetables with hummus--the normal foods I eat throughout the day. I woke up this morning feeling hung over and when I went to the bathroom I noticed blood. It said on the site that if you take the tea while you're menstruating that it'll be a heavier period because the tea makes your blood thicker?!?! Well I am NOT menstruating and that is NOT normal. Even though the site sends out a good message and is visually appealing, I don't think you should give into this like I did. What I don't understand is how all these women are drinking it and posting before and after pictures and saying they feel so healthy.

I am not in any pain and after one day of drinking three teas, I already notice my stomach is less bloated...this can't be good for you.

I am currently a member of Tone It Up (2 years now) and that plan helped me loose 16 pounds by simply working out and eating healthy. I HIGHLY recommend that :)

If anyone else has tried this tea, please say what it was like! I am curious to see if anyone else had symptoms like me.

Strong 1st post and you revived an old thread. You sound like an infomercial. Surely this isn't a sales ad!!

tumblr_mzvin2SZCM1qjqzoeo1_250.gif
    tumblr_mzvin2SZCM1qjqzoeo2_250.gif
  • victoriacarroll58
    Options
    I tried YourTea to help clear up my skin. After seeing them on Instgram and reading their raving reviews I thought why not? Boy was I wrong. I drank my first cup a few days ago and about 30 minutes after I finshed I broke out with a horrible itchy red rash on my neck. I emailed YourTea about my reaction and they advised it was normal to have "skin breakouts" due to the detox! I don't think that was a normal reaction try an allergic reaction ! It really freaked me out and I haven't been able to drink it sense!
  • karaleedee
    karaleedee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A few of my friends tried a full 2wks and loved it. They raved about it - cleared their skin, reduced bloating, loss of weight. So I bought some! My package came today so I'll follow-up. The only side effects I heard was that one of them was "dizzy" only at first. They resume their normal diets and exercise.

Also, I don't know why no one has noticed, but that list of foods you shouldnt eat is misleading. It is a list in a POST ABOUT REDUCING CELLULITE, NOT in regards to a diet you should uphold to drink the tea.
  • lkglinski
    Options
    EXACTLY what karaleedee said. Read people that post was about cellulite not about their tea!
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of tea. I grow my own mint to make tea. I grow my own hibiscus flowers to make tea (Althea I'm in zone 8). I also grow cone flower (echineca ?), but do not ingest it, and a wild flower here in TX called "lemon mint" which I plan to try. Do not try for homemade teas unless you are absolutely, positively sure of what you are ingesting. My mother was a botanist. I'm a self-trained/mom trained botanist from her guidance.

Tea and weight loss: When I was drinking a LOT of sweet tea I gained a bunch of weight. When I limited my sweet tea to 2 cups a day, with less sugar than before, I lost weight. There you have it.
  • Thank you for your reply to this post. I will look for the tea you mentioned : )
  • birdcurves
    Options
    It's another gimmicky detox. Your body does a good job detoxing for you, you don't need "added help".

Did you see the list of foods to avoid while taking this stuff?

* sugars

* raw fruit (strewed is ok)

* cold water

* energy drinks

* alcohol

* smoking

* fruit drinks

* high chemical foods such as "sugar free, fat free" etc etc

* chocolates & lollies

* cakes

* carbonated drinks

* peppermint tea

* fried foods

* coffee

* salt

* ice-creams & flavoured milk

* pain killers such as Panadol and Neurofen

So yea.... basically anything a normal person would consume is out. I mean, you can't eat fruit? What the heck. I'd be damned to give up my ice cream too.
    This is just my opinion of course.

This person didn't research fully. This list is on their "healthy tips" blog section under foods to avoid if you want to get rid of cellulite, not foods you aren't supposed to consume while drinking YourTea.

I've been doing the 14 day teatox and I have definitely noticed a difference between days I remember to drink it and days I don't. When I do remember, the next morning I wake up with no extra water weight and when I forget I wake up kind of bloated. The only problem with this is that I feel like.... do I have to drink this tea forever now? Because it is kinda expensive... Hmm...
  • Teenie71
    Teenie71 Posts: 52
    Options
    Hi guys,

so now you are sponsored by this company because you wrote about it here? Yeah we dont want anything you're selling.
  • Vigilance88
    Vigilance88 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    The only problem with this is that I feel like.... do I have to drink this tea forever now? Because it is kinda expensive... Hmm...
    Yes.
    Or get some common sense.
    Whatever is easier for you :flowerforyou:
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Tea has caffeine in it which will affect your energy level. Of course so does coffee. Thats all there is to it really. All the "benefits" come from the exercise.
  • Teenie71
    Teenie71 Posts: 52
    Options
    I tried YourTea to help clear up my skin. After seeing them on Instgram and reading their raving reviews I thought why not? Boy was I wrong. I drank my first cup a few days ago and about 30 minutes after I finshed I broke out with a horrible itchy red rash on my neck. I emailed YourTea about my reaction and they advised it was normal to have "skin breakouts" due to the detox! I don't think that was a normal reaction try an allergic reaction ! It really freaked me out and I haven't been able to drink it sense!

we dont want anything you're selling either. Sounds like another infomercial.
  • ardorrequiem
    Options
    I feel like any company selling tea for 55$ a box had better some pretty incredible tasting/acting tea. That is so absurd! Just drink regular tea, or look up how to make your own detox teas for night time etc. much easier.
  • piggyparker1983
    piggyparker1983 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have just bought some - I am willing to give it a try.

Not bought in to any gimmicks just curious.

I cant see how drinking normal tea or coffee would help with health benefits as people have stated above. I have developed cellulite since I started drinking coffee! (still drink it but it is something I have noticed).

I spoke to someone at Your Tea and they only recommended cutting out alcohol and coffee (which were items I asked them about) and that was my choice if I wanted to get the full benefits of the tea.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    It's another gimmicky detox. Your body does a good job detoxing for you, you don't need "added help".

Did you see the list of foods to avoid while taking this stuff?

* sugars

* raw fruit (strewed is ok)

* cold water

* energy drinks

* alcohol

* smoking

* fruit drinks

* high chemical foods such as "sugar free, fat free" etc etc

* chocolates & lollies

* cakes

* carbonated drinks

* peppermint tea

* fried foods

* coffee

* salt

* ice-creams & flavoured milk

* pain killers such as Panadol and Neurofen

So yea.... basically anything a normal person would consume is out. I mean, you can't eat fruit? What the heck. I'd be damned to give up my ice cream too.
    This is just my opinion of course.

This person didn't research fully. This list is on their "healthy tips" blog section under foods to avoid if you want to get rid of cellulite, not foods you aren't supposed to consume while drinking YourTea.

I've been doing the 14 day teatox and I have definitely noticed a difference between days I remember to drink it and days I don't. When I do remember, the next morning I wake up with no extra water weight and when I forget I wake up kind of bloated. The only problem with this is that I feel like.... do I have to drink this tea forever now? Because it is kinda expensive... Hmm...

lol, when I made that post, it wasn't under their "cellulite" blog post. It was under healthy tips... and that was IT. There weren't separate "blog posts" or what have you. So they obviously changed it... it's probably part of their gimmick. Whatever. Either you fall for their tricks and keep wasting your money, or you do actual research. Even if it is listed on their cellulite post, the fact that it says to avoid those things at all should be a red flag.