To gym or not to gym.

Options
2»

Replies

• javacafe
    javacafe Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    There is a nice gym near my home, where I went to for about a year. But, I guess I am not the gym type.

I have a setup at home (with squat stands, safety stands, a bench, puzzle mats, assorted weight plates, some ankle weights, and a "door gym"). I find all these more than adequate. I love not having to travel, or wait for turns at the machines. I can play whatever music I want to (or none at all), and get my protein shake out of the refrigerator immediately after my workout. I like my own shower a whole lot more.

Most of all I love the fact that there is no commute (even though it wasn't much).
  • ShadeyC
    ShadeyC Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    What are the weight ranges of the weights that you have at home? If you have the space, you could very well find a used squat rack with barbell and plates online for dirt cheap. If the dumbbells you have are sufficient enough in resistance, you could have pretty much everything you need to exercise at home.

Hi, my weights range from 2 kg upto 20 kg. I think plenty enough for a girl. :-)

Dumbbells are all good, but I would definitely get a squat rack and plates if I could fit them in my house (without everyone else complaining about them being in the way :P)

As a side note...I'm a girl...20kg might be heavy in a dumbbell, but you can definitely do WAY more with a barbell and plates.

EDIT: Sorry that doesn't really help with your question.
    If you are happy enough at home and think you have everything you need, and can't justify a gym membership, I think you have answered your own question.
    If I could get all the equipment and space I needed, I would do it at home an cancel my membership.