why is egg white so good but yolk so bad?

Options
NormInv
NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
I dont understand why nature would put the two together when one is so bad and the other is so good for you. This tells me that nature did not intend us to live healthy because it wasnt until recently that we found out the bad things about yolks.

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Who says the yolks are bad?
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Yolk is bad??? The only bad thing could be cholesterol in the yolk but that's only if you having cholesterol problems - otherwise it's reach in vitamins!
  • Beastmaster50
    Beastmaster50 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Yolks aren't bad, that's a myth.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    It's not bad.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    yolk is good for you. people used to freak out because it's high in cholesterol, but further scientific studies have shown that egg consumption does not increase the levels of "bad" cholesterol in the blood, and the link between dietary cholesterol and blood cholesterol and the risk of heart disease isn't as clear cut as once thought. Egg yolks are full of fat soluble vitamins and are a great source of protein. AFAIK there are some people who due to specific health issues may be better advised to avoid egg yolks because of cholesterol, but unless your doctor has told you that (and check that your doctor has up to date info and isn't telling everyone to avoid egg yolks) then no need to avoid them.
  • IwearBatmanUndies
    Options
    ^^^ this. Ive been eatig 3-4-5 yolks at a time for years and I just recently had work done and my levels are pefect.
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    It turns out the study that originally labeled yolks as bad had people eating a ridiculous amount, a dozen a day or something like that. Like anything else, they need eaten in moderation but happen to be a damn near perfect food. I eat them almost every day. I figure there's a lot more nutrients for just a few more calories when you eat the whole thing.
  • FatHuMan1
    FatHuMan1 Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I dont understand why nature would put the two together when one is so bad and the other is so good for you. This tells me that nature did not intend us to live healthy because it wasnt until recently that we found out the bad things about yolks.

Because Mother Nature is one crazy vindictive bish.
  • NormInv
    Options
    Even if we concede that yolks are ok, why did nature produce whole milk, and not 1% or 2%? Something doesnt add up.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    that's racist.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Even if we concede that yolks are ok, why did nature produce whole milk, and not 1% or 2%? Something doesnt add up.

Whole fried eggs + whole wheat toast + whole bacon slices + a glass of whole milk = yum

^adds up just fine to me....someone check my maths please?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    ^^^ this. Ive been eatig 3-4-5 yolks at a time for years and I just recently had work done and my levels are pefect.

Just look at him. I didn't have to do work on him to know he's perfect. The pic speaks for itself.
  • Mr_Starr
    Mr_Starr Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    yolk is good for you. people used to freak out because it's high in cholesterol, but further scientific studies have shown that egg consumption does not increase the levels of "bad" cholesterol in the blood, and the link between dietary cholesterol and blood cholesterol and the risk of heart disease isn't as clear cut as once thought. Egg yolks are full of fat soluble vitamins and are a great source of protein. AFAIK there are some people who due to specific health issues may be better advised to avoid egg yolks because of cholesterol, but unless your doctor has told you that (and check that your doctor has up to date info and isn't telling everyone to avoid egg yolks) then no need to avoid them.

^ this. Very well said.
  • ModernNerd
    ModernNerd Posts: 336 Member
    Options

The same folks who ACTUALLY killed JFK probably are involved. With aliens.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I housed three yolks this morning myself. They were so good. I even cooked the eggs with olive oil. I drank a glass of milk with it too. Am I going to die? Successfully?
  • FatHuMan1
    FatHuMan1 Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I housed three yolks this morning myself. They were so good. I even cooked the eggs with olive oil. I drank a glass of milk with it too. Am I going to die? Successfully?

Guaranteed or your money back.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options

Guaranteed or your money back.

Ok good. As long as I am going to die successfully, that's fine ;)
  • NormInv
    Options

So sick of your snobby comments. Typical MFP response.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options

The same folks who ACTUALLY killed JFK probably are involved. With aliens.
    Aliens?

who-mowed-my-lawnillegal-aliens-ancient-aliens-9Rj3lt.jpg
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Who says the yolks are bad?
    The 90s!