It's really starting to wear on me. How do I stop it

Options
124»

Replies

• healthyserenity
    healthyserenity Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've experienced the same thing. For myself, there are two things I've learned that help me with this (notice I say 'help', because I haven't found any magic bullet to make this go away completely yet...): 1) being aware of the concept of "hedonic hunger" -- in a nutshell, feeling 'hungry' or driven to eat for emotional reasons and/or for the sheer pleasure of it, 2)being aware that for me, a diet heavy on carbohydrate sets me up for incessant food cravings all day every day (notice I say 'for ME.' Not looking to highjack your thread into a debate about the virtues of different eating styles, hi-carb vs lo-carb, or any of the rest of that. This is true for me. Everybody else's mileage and experience may vary.) So... my suggestions would be 1)take a look at what's happening for you emotionally when you've got these urges--any chance your urge to eat is a reaction to emotions you could address another way? 2)You might think about experimenting with your macros --- what happens if you change the percentages of carbs vs protein on your diet? May make a difference, may not. Best of luck! And if you find a magic bullet, PLEASE let me know!
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's time to start eating like a normal person

Excuse me? A "normal person"?

Offensive much?

This. Why would anyone want to be a "normal person"? Normal people are really, really weird. :tongue:

Heh. Logging each thing you eat isn't normal. It doesn't occur in nature. People don't have a natural inclination to do it. People with a naturally good relationship with food and naturally maintained weight generally don't log their food. Please don't chime in with "I DO!" It doesn't matter, it's not the normal ritual of human eating. I'm not saying we're all weirdos but at this girl's size, she shouldn't be obsessing about food and further weight loss and 'belly fat', in my opinion. Eventually people should learn to moderate their intake more naturally, if you ask me. As long as you're COUNTING the details, you're going to run the risk of obsessing over them. That IS natural.