Body media?

Options
So I'm trying to decide if the body media is worth the money or if a fit bit would work as well... Anyone have any insight for me ? ;-)

I know there is a monthly charge for the body media but I don't think there is one for the fit bit. Plus would you get a HRM to go with one or the other or even both...

Just learning about all these things sorry if this is a stupid question :-)

Thanks for the response in advance!

Replies

• lcphipps
    Options
    I have used both and prefer the fit bit. It is smaller and easier to conceal under clothing so you can really wear it 24/7. I also like the fact there is no monthly charge and it is linked to MFP. I do not use a HRM
  • Kara52217
    Kara52217 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Good to know. Thanks!
  • Kara52217
    Options
    I have used both and prefer the fit bit. It is smaller and easier to conceal under clothing so you can really wear it 24/7. I also like the fact there is no monthly charge and it is linked to MFP. I do not use a HRM

Which fit bit do u use?
  • Tonigirl519
    Tonigirl519 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other poster. I've owned a bodymedia corefit since April 2013. It's been good seeing my actual burn, but the charge to use the website...I won't be renewing in April ( I signed up for a year) but I like that both are linked to mfp. I'll probably look into fit bit because it can be concealed.
  • pittbullgirl
    pittbullgirl Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I LOVE My body media and it really helps keep me accountable with what I burn daily, steps, workout goals etc.
    Seriously, best money I've every spend on myself!
  • c8linmarie
    c8linmarie Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Used BodyMedia for over a year. Then bought a Fitbit Zip. Wore BOTH simultaneously for a few weeks and discovered that both devices were comparable to one another. The only difference is that the Fitbit is much smaller and can be worn clipped to a piece of clothing, opposed to the BodyMedia, which has to be worn on your left arm. Plus, no monthly fee for Fitbit. And ... Zip was much cheaper :)
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I have had both, Bodymedia and Fitbit. I use the bodymedia today since i feel it is more accurate, though the numbers were fairly similar.

Go with a fitbit - Bodymedia has been having a lot of technical issues lately as well, and for paying 7 bucks a month...a customer should expect near perfection.
  • Quieau
    Quieau Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I'm holding out for the Amiigo ... there's a waiting list on their web site, and I'm waiting for an email. They combine all the features of an HRM and an activity monitor, sleep monitor, etc. AND it's waterproof!
  • alienrite
    alienrite Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Fitbit has been super helpful for to keep balanced between my activity level and my calories.
  • Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'm holding out for the Amiigo ... there's a waiting list on their web site, and I'm waiting for an email. They combine all the features of an HRM and an activity monitor, sleep monitor, etc. AND it's waterproof!

Do you know how much this device costs?
  • Kara52217
    Options
    Used BodyMedia for over a year. Then bought a Fitbit Zip. Wore BOTH simultaneously for a few weeks and discovered that both devices were comparable to one another. The only difference is that the Fitbit is much smaller and can be worn clipped to a piece of clothing, opposed to the BodyMedia, which has to be worn on your left arm. Plus, no monthly fee for Fitbit. And ... Zip was much cheaper :)

Great info! Thanks
  • Kara52217
    Options

Do you know how much this device costs?

Never heard of this one... Great one more to consider LOL although I think Body Media is out based on the responses here :-). Thanks everyone!
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options

Love my Body Media Fit...though I am so intrigued by the Amiigo...WATERPROOF! I love to swim and would love a device that works IN THE WATER! I may be switching! Got my name on the list!
  • Quieau
    Quieau Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Here's some info from their site ... (I read somewhere it would be about $150) ... they are a start up and are giving them to investors first. They are on the brink of releasing to the public, and you can reserve yours by leaving your email address on their front page ... this is the page to updates/info so you can learn more ... also do a Google search so you can read reviews/discussions to get the scoop. This one is going to blow them all out of the water. And yes, waterproof! I'm a lap swimmer! :)

http://updates.amiigo.co/