Quality Streets or Roses chocolates?

Options
Which do you prefer? We usually get some for Christmas. I'm more quality street, my family cadbury's roses.

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I've never had Roses but I love Quality Streets!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    lol I got nothing..... I had to Google both of them..... hehehe
  • Newbeginnings46
    Newbeginnings46 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Love both but quality street has the edge.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Which do you prefer? We usually get some for Christmas. I'm more quality street, my family cadbury's roses.

Depends where I'm buying them. I find that in the USA ~ Quality Streets tastes so much better ~ must be reflective of the cacao bean Nestle chooses here and their chosen sweetner. The Cadbury Roses tends to taste too oily with a lack luster chocolatey flavour. In Britain, Australia or NZ ~ Quality Streets tends to taste bitter with a dry aftertaste. I tend to opt for Cadbury Roses there because the ratios are perfect. Think it boils down to ingredients at hand and possibly where the companies source them from.
  • icklistpiklist
    icklistpiklist Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Too many soft centres in Roses, much prefer Quality Street (tin already purchased for Christmas and being stored out of sight!). Have you noticed that the tins are getting smaller?! :cry:
  • caranais
    caranais Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hazelnut whirl - Roses,
    Green triangle - Quality Street

Roll on Christmas
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Too many soft centres in Roses, much prefer Quality Street (tin already purchased for Christmas and being stored out of sight!). Have you noticed that the tins are getting smaller?! :cry:

Yep! Smaller tin. Same price :grumble:
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    To be honest, since I've been counting calories I've sadly become a bit of a chocolate snob, so I wouldn't really choose either. (I eat less of it, spend more, and appreciate the good stuff!) However. I'd probably go for Quality Street just on the strength of the green triangle. Actually, I've not had QS for ages, but I had some Roses last year and they seem to have diminished in quality, even for cheap chocolate. They seem to have got rid of a lot of the flavours. Nearly all of them seem to be some variation of caramel now.

I'd rather get either a big box of Thorntons Premium (which you can often find half price all over the place) or a box of Celebrations.
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options

Yep! Smaller tin. Same price :grumble:

I noticed this too. Always the way!