hi everyone!

Options
I just joined the site on Monday & so far i am loving it! It's been fascinating to see how good or bad for me the food i normally eat is!

I want to lose about 15lbs. I'm used to being a size 2 in clothing & i've jumped up to a 4, sometimes 6 now. and believe me, i know that even a size 6 is a small size, but for me personally, i carry this extra weight uncomfortably and want to get rid of it! i didn't even realize just how much weight i was putting on until i went to wear my summer clothes from last year and went "UT OH!"
i used to be really into yoga & cardio, but then life got so busy & i put exercise on the back burner.. big mistake!

so i recently rejoined a gym & i go 5 days a week. it can get pretty boring though & unfortunately the gym doesn't offer group classes. however, i have guest privileges so i try to bring either my boyfriend or my relatives as much as possible to keep me from getting too bored. i'm also doing yoga once a week. i'm not on a specific diet, just trying to eat healthier & watch my portion sizes. for example, instead of snacking on chips, i'm eating flavored rice cakes & i have switched a lot of my food over to low fat or fat free. i don't want to deny myself of anything because i know for me that's not realistic, so i'm just watching how much of it & how often i eat it.

i've been exercising now for 2 weeks & i've already lost 2 lbs ;) and although i'm not denying myself of any certain foods, i find myself not even wanting junk food because this healthy lifestyle is making me feel so good again. hopefully that lasts!!! i'm hoping to meet some people on here with a similar situation as me so we can encourage & motivate each other on those lazy days!!

Replies

• adk1971
    adk1971 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Well done.
  • LittleTwitty
    Options
    I am in the same exact situation as you! I used to wear size 2 and then I got busy, put exercise on the back burner and am up to a size 4 or 6. It's frustrating I know, however I am trying to get myself back into a routine and hoping this website helps me keep track.
    So far I realize that I really need to change my eating habits, I am not eating very well and that for sure has an effect on my weight. I have a gym membership that I haven't used in over a year, I guess I should. Better late than never right! :)
  • ppslucy
    ppslucy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello, I just started too. I remember when I was a size 2! Now I am a 16 but I am 57 years old now. I applaud you for getting a handle on this now because it really can slip up on you. I thought that since you are young and I am old :) you would be a good partner for me because this old mind just can't understand all there is to this. I really like it though. I hold myself more accountable to "tracking". I need to lose about 30 lbs right now. 2 lbs is great! Good job. The slower it comes off the longer you are likely to keep it off. I have fibromyalgia and I really need to exercise for a lot of reasons. Also, my health is not as good since I have put on all these extra pounds! I am miserable. I am only 4'11"! Do you mind an "old woman" being your friend? I am a pastor's wife so I will be easy to talk to...ha ha! Thanks and look forward to hearing from you.
  • 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Hello

I just joined today also and I'm in the same boat. I'm little to most people but big for me. I hit anywhere from size 8 to 12 in clothes and went into shock. I was a size two a few years back when I had the time and focus to workout but then i turned 21 and let school take over my life. Since i'm trying to be healthier over all I've given up eating out (as much as i can) and having alcohol until i reach my goal size. Hopefully by then I'll be where you are and not wanting to have the unhealthy stuff :) great job so far and good luck