Tell me how I did at my first restaurant please

Options
I was freaking out about eating out. I had about 800 calories that I could eat. I had hot tea before I left and iced tea there ( I REALLY missed my vodka sprites!!!) Bread came out and I could have killed the waitress!! I had 2 slices of a baguette with a pat of butter.

Garden salad with a homemade balsamic vin dressing on the side. Normally I would have ordered it on the salad and an extra for the side but doing this this way I only ate a 1/4 of one small container which is equivalent to abt 1 TBS.

Entree was Broiled sea scallops (4 large) with a brandy flambe mixed vegetables and a potato. I asked if I could get double veggies instead of potato. Vegetables came and they were sauteed in garlic and diced tomatoes (I think) and delicious.

I only ate 2 of the scallops and about a cup of the green beans.

Stopped at the grocery store on the way home for dessert which was sugar free rice pudding.

I estimated this meal was about 750 calories which kept me under for today. It was FREAKING delicious!!

I would have loved nothing more than to sit there all night and drink 5-7 vodka sprites but that didn't happen.

And the best part I still felt pretty awesome about myself walking around the grocery store AND I have a full meal left over for another day!

Did I do good??

Replies

• discoveredamber
    discoveredamber Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I think you did amazing. A lot better than me on my restaurant days.
  • Dgadd17
    Dgadd17 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you did terrific! You didn't really deprive yourself of anything (except the vodka sprites) and you still got to feel like you did the right things and made the right decisions. Good for you! :)
  • gypsyGIRL159
    gypsyGIRL159 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    GREAT job!!!!! U R a Rock Star!!!!!! Ready 4 the WORLD!!!!!!
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you did great tonight! Good Choices and a great time!
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    You can have Vodka/club soda w/ a twist of lime ... it's like 70 kcals per drink ... This is my "go to" drink, low-cal, bubbles, and keeps you hydrated ...
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    sounds like you did well

congrats on skipping the vodka sprites. that in itself is a win
  • jennyc1270
    jennyc1270 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You did great!

I've started asking the waitress to not bring any bread. Can't eat what isn't on the table. I also find that I REALLY like a drink every now and then. I just order one and sip it very slowly and calculate it in with my calories. I had about 1/4 of a beer tonight but it was all I needed to be satisfied.
  • 100toloose
    100toloose Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You are absolutely fantastic!
  • dqbound
    Options
    Yay! Thanks!! The problem with the vodka is I like to have more than one. I'd love to have 3 but I know if I had 3 (even if I could afford it calorie wise) I'd want 3 more and THEN I'd be making bad choices!! lol I'm not an alcoholic or anything but when I drink I really like to have at least 3!!

I was going to have a margarhita pizza (3 slices) but at the last minute I decided to check out the seafood and see if maybe I could get something with a little more nutrition.

I love the idea of asking the waitress to not bring the bread and I was going to do that but I felt bad for my hubby! lol I also think I should have asked for steamed veggies with a side of butter. Next time I will.

Yay!! I was really worried I'd say "F" it and just eat what I normally would. I'm saving that binge for vodka!! LOL
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Great job! Nothing wrong with some vodka! I'm a vodka girl too!
  • serender
    serender Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think you did very good and doesn't it feel good to walk away with a doggie bag, not cause you ordered to much but because you took charge of your own body and stopped putting anything else in your mouth.....that takes real strength good for you...keep up the good work!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! You made some different choices and had some great food today!
  • Jill_with_a_G
    Jill_with_a_G Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Great job!! You came in under goal and anytime you can do that and eat out is successful!
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    You did good well done, if you want a tip, if you know you are going to have a big meal for dinner, try to have 500 cals during the day then have whatever you want at dinner. Then you can workout after if you have hardly no calories left and you want to snack, this will give you more calories.
  • catherine_sm
    Options
    excellent well done good for you, catherine
  • dqbound
    Options
    I told my husband that gabrielleelli. I said " I COULD eat the whole plate of food and then just go jogging when I get home" but then I thought it through and who want's to run on a full stomach? yuck. I also don't want to go back to the full feeling. I don't like it.

Going grocery shopping for the first time today. Planning on getting lots of meats and fruits (not a huge veggie fan) and really making some healthy meals. I just need to learn portion control but I think I'm getting this whole diet thing down!! Yay!