Ive trained myslf to eat right without counting calories...

Options
So I started MFP 3/2010. I was addicted in the beginning, I logged on several times a day. This is what really got me on track. I wanted to lose 27 lbs all together. I wanted to be 4 extra pounds lighter than I was before I had kids. I am currently at 20 lbs lost as of today. I eat right, and dont have to count calories. I just know what I can eat and still lose. I am confident that I can reach my goal without counting each and every calorie, because I have changed my lifestyle. I must thank MFP for helping me with this. I have totally transformed myself, and am able to fit into pants that I havent worn in about 8 years!! It feels great. My advice is pay less attention to each and every single calorie and pay more attention to the types of foods that will help you to maintain a constant weight loss. Good luck to everyone!!!!!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Thanks I really needed a lift today, encouraging words.
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    Congrats to you! I'm hoping to eventually just use this site for support and not to track my every move. Right now, I'm still eating what I used to, just less of it. Can you give an example of your typical day? I'm trying to make bettter healthier choices but its still going to be a long journey for me.
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Great job on your weight loss! I agree, MFP really got me on the straight and narrow... now I need to train myself not to panic about not logging every calorie every single day. I eat well anyways, but it's disconcerting to eat and not count the calories... for now, anyways. Congrats again, and thanks for posting!
  • ardaniels0417
    Options
    My biggest thing that I do is try not to eat too many carbs. I am italian so my whole life its been pasta and bread. Its been a challenge but... I eat alot of vegetables. I replace my carbs with vegetables as often as I can. My problem is that I dont like too many vegetaables so I get bored easy. I eat a kashi go lean crunchy bar every morning for breakfast, I mean EVERY morning. It gets boring, but it keeps me full til lunch. Lunch usually is a salad with some chicken and feta and some low cal dressing. I snack on granola bars alot...I eat a little yogurt (dont love it). For dinner I will eat sort of normal. I eat alot of english muffins (100 cal) with peanut butter and jelly on it. Very filling... I eat a small amount of pasta maybe once a week. I eat ALOT of protein, chicken, pork,steak. Good luck with your goals!!!!
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    Thanks for filling me in! I eat a ton of carbs...my weakness. I made the switch before from spaghetti to whole wheat spaghetti, but last week I tried spaghetti squash...have you tried it? It really is a great substitute for spaghetti. Anywho, I think I will try to cut back on my carbs and see how that goes too. Can I ask about how many carbs you try to stick to in a day? Right now I'm just going with the MFP recommended amount, but know that number is probably too high for me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!