I am new, and need help to do this

Options
Hi, I am new to this MFP. I am a runner, hiker, cycler, and just a very active person. I weight train for 40 mins three times a week, but not because I like it, just because I know it is good for me. I love cardio and burn anywheres for 850 - 1000 calories a day from intentional exercise. I would like to lose 10-15lbs (I have gained that much in the past 3yrs, yuck!). I want feel good in my own skin again and improve my running times. I am not actually over weight but it is over weight for me. I need some encouragement, advice or just some people to share ideas with.

Replies

• emc2003
    emc2003 Posts: 29
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP. Good luck with your weight loss.
  • LoriNorris
    Options
    Sometimes 10 or 15 pounds are the hardest because you really could get away with not losing them BUT it's crazy how that 10 pounds turns into 15 and 20 and before you know it - it has gotten away from you. Every decade I find it a little harder to lose weight and to keep it off. Like you I could get away with my extra pounds because I'm tall and proportionate and frankly I dress well and I'm very good at disguising the flaws lol. Ultimately you have to take the clothes off and look in the mirror......... nuff said. I think it's great that we can all share and take this journey together. For 10 to 15 pounds the journal should be your best friend . You probably don't even realize the little things you "scarf" throughout the day or the beverages that contrary to my old attitude do count. A couple of little changes will probably go a long way. The girl who inspired me to join this group cut out sodas alone and lost 25 pounds in 2 monhts - Fantastic. Good luck with your journey and don't let people sabotage your effort.
  • williamkowal
    williamkowal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Log your calories, stay in your budget, and with the exercise you do you will reach your goal shortly.
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Wow, I would love to be able to exercise like that. Fantastic. I don't know how you could have gained weight, your scale must be off. Your in great shape, but I hear it's hard to lose that last of the pounds. I can't wait to reach that hurdle. I'm trying to be supportive and it keeps coming out like jealousy. Really you have the tools to accomplish this, I am sure you will do it.
  • pcw52
    pcw52 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Do you know that it is not fluid retention. I ask because in some cases it might be a health issue- not to scare you.