anyone do kfc?

Options
2»

Replies

• TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    As long as you have healthy kidneys and drink enough water, sodium shouldn't really be an issue ...
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Did fast food just turn kinky?

George-Takei-oh-my-188x200.jpg

hF2DFD583

raw-turkey-cake.jpeg.pagespeed.ce_.BnGaYxAVuE.jpg

Cake anyone?
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    Did fast food just turn kinky?

George-Takei-oh-my-188x200.jpg

hF2DFD583

raw-turkey-cake.jpeg.pagespeed.ce_.BnGaYxAVuE.jpg

Cake anyone?

I really like where this is going.
  • Pinkranger626
    Pinkranger626 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Where is this KFC?? They shut down all the ones in my area!!
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Your dreaming dude. Even if they have low calorie, the sodium content is awful.

From the Super Obese Food Addict angle. I try not to frequent any place with the temptation of making a wrong choice.

My brain acts like an impulse buyer and tries to convince me that if I eat the healthy stuff, I can have a regular side dish like potatoes or macaroni.

Logically, I know this is not true, but logic doesn't work on crazy addicts when temptation is right there in front of you.

Best not to risk it and learn how to bake your own chicken.

IMO, everyone's allowed a treat, taking true control of your diet means you can do this without letting yourself get lurred into more, but this is something that has to happen before addiction takes hold. If your past this point then yes, avoid temptation completely. If your generally fit and healthy and just looking to lose a few pounds and improve fitness than you can have it occassionally, so long as you drink plenty of water to flush out the sodium

What part of 'Super Obese' didn't you understand? Even if I was healthy and allowed a 'treat' I still wouldn't go there because of all the sodium and cholesterol. People drop dead from that stuff everyday, healthy or not.

Not everyone in the world is "super obese".
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I like their pot pies. But I have to plan one into my day because they're about 750 calories,
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I get a 3 piece grilled white meat meal with green beans and mashed potatoes (or whatever other side I'm in the mood for that day), skip the biscuit. It's low fat, high protein and tasty.
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    I get a 3 piece grilled white meat meal with green beans and mashed potatoes (or whatever other side I'm in the mood for that day), skip the biscuit. It's low fat, high protein and tasty.

yet other things we don't have in the UK - green beans
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I like the grilled chicken but honestly I can just throw some thighs in marinade and roast them myself and home and save a bunch of cash and hassle. Not sure if our local KFC is an exception but their service is rediculous. I even tried calling my order in ahead of time so it'd be ready when I got there but I still had to wait. And half the time they get things wrong.

We now have a local place to go to if Hubs and I have a hankering for fried chicken. It's amazingly delicious, takes no time to make, they serve onion rings (yum!) and their ventilation system is top notch so you don't walk out smelling like a fryolater.
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    I like the grilled chicken but honestly I can just throw some thighs in marinade and roast them myself and home and save a bunch of cash and hassle. Not sure if our local KFC is an exception but their service is rediculous. I even tried calling my order in ahead of time so it'd be ready when I got there but I still had to wait. And half the time they get things wrong.

We now have a local place to go to if Hubs and I have a hankering for fried chicken. It's amazingly delicious, takes no time to make, they serve onion rings (yum!) and their ventilation system is top notch so you don't walk out smelling like a fryolater.

wait you can order ahead?!