1lb weekly loss

Options
I can't help feeling a little down that I only am losing 1lb a week as have so far to go to feel better about myself. I have increased my exercise and have calorie counted accurately. I have been under my count most days - is this slowing my weight loss down? Need to keep motivated and but it's sooo difficult

Replies

• Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    1lb a week is good...that's 52lbs in a year...be in it for the long haul you can't expect miracles overnight or over a few weeks.

Consistency over time is everything.
  • kellybellyjellyn
    Options
    Slow Progress can be hard to deal with and discouraging but don't quit ! Sounds like you're doing everything right and the scale is going down !

Like a previous poster mentioned ! 52lb a year is HUGE ! x
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    You may be wanting your additional weight to go quickly though it probably crept up on you. If it goes more slowly, as 1 lb a week you are at less risk of developing more obvious loose skin as it goes.

I have an issue with salicylate that can cause weight gain and make it harder to loose as well as being implicated in many other health issues. You could try looking into it. or come back to me.

all the best in you progress to the healthy you.
  • lucan07
    lucan07 Posts: 509
    Options
    You do not have a great deal to lose so you are probably losing at near to optimal speed, as long as you are going the right way I would not worry unless you are in a race or have a specific deadline. We can all be impatient but those who lose too quickly tend to put the weight back on again. It's a lifestyle change we are embarking on rather than a diet that will keep us healthier in the long term and all good things come to those who wait.
  • kellybellyjellyn
    Options
    Ps. It has taken me almost 3 years to lose 100lbs....
  • Rachelc1992
    Rachelc1992 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Ps. It has taken me almost 3 years to lose 100lbs....

Well done!!

It's hard when you don't see the results as fast or as much as you'd like! Stick at it :) anything is better than nothing! xx
  • Winwin101
    Winwin101 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You do not have a great deal to lose so you are probably losing at near to optimal speed, as long as you are going the right way I would not worry unless you are in a race or have a specific deadline. We can all be impatient but those who lose too quickly tend to put the weight back on again. It's a lifestyle change we are embarking on rather than a diet that will keep us healthier in the long term and all good things come to those who wait.

This! I couldn't have said it better. Losing the weight slowly helps you to learn more about what works for you and how to stay healthy and fit for life.
  • Amandamoss2013
    Options
    Thank you:)